Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

to be honest Lenny, i just got a piece of mdf and cut new holes and attached it to the box and covered it in felt. i got the spacer rings from ebay and covered that seperately and attached them before adding the speaker, amp and port hole. the bulk of the work was already done which made life easier. the wife asked why i bothered...typical!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#107 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

right, after much mucking about and not doing things properly i have finally managed to complete thesub conversion.

i did have an amplified Vibe 10" sub which i removed to fit the new face i put on the sub box i purchased (housed a shallow 13" sub). i used some spacer rings to give me enough depth and also added some padding into the box too.

i managed to add the amp on the same box and then carpeted the box, this took me a couple of attempts as i had a few curves to deal with and the adhesive is a pita as it goes everywhere and my fingers were covered in it.

Tried it out today and i am loving it. i secured it using 2 brackets that fix to the parcel shelf holder.

Nice job looks good - well worth the effort!

#108 martyntdci

martyntdci

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: focus titanium x/comms/sports pack

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

looks sweet does that.. i could do with 1 of those for our focus, as boot space apparently is a must......

#109 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

looks sweet does that.. i could do with 1 of those for our focus, as boot space apparently is a must......

i could make a template of the front of the box as i still have the previous mdf piece that i cut out first if anyone wants this? You would need to make up the rest. i did post a link of a guy in sheffield who could make these (he is on ebay).

#110 martyntdci

martyntdci

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

i think its him who i have already mail'd, he says for free, but leave the car there with him 9-5... like i said to lenny dont sound right...

#111 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

i think its him who i have already mail'd, he says for free, but leave the car there with him 9-5... like i said to lenny dont sound right...

Eh???

#112 martyntdci

martyntdci

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

the bloke who makes custon sub boxes on the bay lol

#113 Hassen

Hassen

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts
  • Name: Hassen
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk 2.5 1.6TDCI 2010
  • Year: 2010

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

right, after much mucking about and not doing things properly i have finally managed to complete thesub conversion.

i did have an amplified Vibe 10" sub which i removed to fit the new face i put on the sub box i purchased (housed a shallow 13" sub). i used some spacer rings to give me enough depth and also added some padding into the box too.

i managed to add the amp on the same box and then carpeted the box, this took me a couple of attempts as i had a few curves to deal with and the adhesive is a pita as it goes everywhere and my fingers were covered in it.

Tried it out today and i am loving it. i secured it using 2 brackets that fix to the parcel shelf holder.

Wow! That looks awesome. Totally looks OEM as if it rolled out of the factory that way. Kudos man for an amazing job. How does it all sound?
Totally forgot about this thread. Thankfully checked it out today :D

#114 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Wow! That looks awesome. Totally looks OEM as if it rolled out of the factory that way. Kudos man for an amazing job. How does it all sound?
Totally forgot about this thread. Thankfully checked it out today :D

Hi Hassen,

thanks for the comments. it sounds great but i could do with a better sub and amp! looking for a sub that will be nearer the 1000W RMS figure to really give a kicking bass sound! (around the £130-200 mark for these!)

#115 martyntdci

martyntdci

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

salsheikh if you can get a sub ov that spec for that amount of cash....... can u get me 1 tomorrow...... have the cash in my wallet now please ;)

#116 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Martin,

i am looking at these:

http://www.caraudiod...e-swr-10d2.html
http://www.caraudiod...e-swr-10d2.html
http://www.caraudioc...2d4_p-27354.htm
http://www.caraudioc...spl_p-21031.htm
http://www.caraudioc...x10_p-23460.htm

and a good amp to match them (probably a similar price range).

#117 martyntdci

martyntdci

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

If u go on caraudiocenter I used to have the xtb 212 which when came out was 379.00 but now have s kappa infinity 12" ran off 2 Sony xm1s mono block amps with s power cap. This is with out my other amps....... but all is ran of a phoenix gold 0gauge amp kit with 2 distribution blocks etc.....

#118 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Those subs look and sounds the business salsheikh. Sadly can't afford them at present.

Any one knows if these two amps are any good. Considering them as they are not too expensive and don't take up too much space.

http://www.adverts.i...led-box/1542592

http://www.adverts.i...bwoofer/2451278

I think that the JL Audio 8 inch sub is amazing but not worth spending 300 euro on. So trying to find a small compact sub that will not break the bank and still give a decent level of bass. I don't need ridiculous, shake the car and wake the neighbourhood levels of bass. Just good audio quality at a decent volume.
This will most probably be paired up with the Sony XAV 601BT headunit that I plan to install in the car in the next few weeks.

Any suggestions guys?

#119 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,984 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Those subs look and sounds the business salsheikh. Sadly can't afford them at present.

Any one knows if these two amps are any good. Considering them as they are not too expensive and don't take up too much space.

http://www.adverts.i...led-box/1542592

http://www.adverts.i...bwoofer/2451278

I think that the JL Audio 8 inch sub is amazing but not worth spending 300 euro on. So trying to find a small compact sub that will not break the bank and still give a decent level of bass. I don't need ridiculous, shake the car and wake the neighbourhood levels of bass. Just good audio quality at a decent volume.
This will most probably be paired up with the Sony XAV 601BT headunit that I plan to install in the car in the next few weeks.

Any suggestions guys?

Perhaps a sub from Fusion,
Check the 'reactor' range from fusion, they are fusions middle range system. Not bright green like the encounter range and better response.
Powerplant is then fusions top range stuff

#120 Hassen

Hassen

• FOC Supporters
  • 692 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Think I will leave the sub as it is for now but your suggestion about the Ipad install has sparked a whole host of possibilities in my mind!

I was actually thinking of getting a Nexus 7 (I am not a fan of Apple at all) and with a few apps, it might suit my needs and more. There are plenty of music apps and car apps. There are even a couple that can be hooked up to the port and get data from the car! This might be the perfect solution for me.

Total cost for the Nexus 7 and a holder would be less than the Sony headunit I was considering. And I still retain the tablet to take out of the car and use after.

Anyone has done something similar or am I going to be the first one to try this out?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users