Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant Leak

ahhew

Hello

Could anyone please help me, my 51 reg, 1.8 petrol focus has a coolant leak, it only happens over night and not while I am driving. It seemed to begin in the summer but as the nights have got colder the amount which is leaking out has increased. I am know having to fill the coolant every 2 days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thankyou

water pump visible from under the car on the left hand side or the thermostat housing on the right between the engine and airbox it has a big black hose coming from it other than that the radiator or bottom hose try the hose clips an dmake sure none are broken also the coolant cap may be leaking

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a head gasket. Check your oil for emulsification (white stuff) or look in your header tank to see if there are bubbles when the engine is running. You also might notice the engine misfiring under start-up. A compression test may exclude this. Otherwise keep looking for leaks.

Sound like head gasket if the car is smoking bad you should not use the car as water will mix with oil and cause serious damage