Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 3 Focus Engine Cover?

G19MSN

Hi Folks i'm new to the FOC and posting so here goes, today i picked up my 2011 Focus Titanium 1.6(125) after driving my 2007 ford fiesta for 5years which was great but here's the question. does the Mk3 come with an engine cover as my fiesta did? The picture is of the focus's engine bay.

post-36084-0-44023500-1351953224_thumb.j

Mine has one, but mine is a diesel. I would have thought your's should have one...

Having said that, in the current MK7 Fiesta, some of the 1.6 diesels have them and some don't. They aren't strictly necessary though.

thats a ti vct engine and they dont come with covers on any focus mondeo etc unless its a diesel

ok thanks for the info and for being helpfull

i looked around as the engines the same as my mk2 and there doesnt seem to be any covers even available i spoke to ford and they said it was a no as well to be honest with the bonnet insulation and undertray its not necessary

My 1.6(125) doesn't have an engine cover either, which did surprise me a bit.

i was told its to do with heat dissipation from the engine as the manifold sits at the rear i must admit after a good drive the rear part of the rocker cover is noticeable hotter than the front and thats the reason the tivct sits angled unlike a standard 1.6 im not sure how much truth there is to that the fiesta from what i was told had one fitted as they did not fit undertrays or under bonnet insulation again never having had one i cant say if thats just horse crap they told me

i can see the point of not needing one but when you look for the first time you think hey where is the engine cover lol.

I thought the same when i picked my 2011 zetec up. Looks really strange without a cover, i would fit one if there was one available but artscot79 has the reason they are not fitted as standard or as an extra.

My 1.6(125) doesn't have an engine cover either, which did surprise me a bit.

yeah i was also the same thats y i asked on here before going back up to the garage and making a muppet of my self. As i've only own my car for a matter of hours i'm very impressed with the car as a whole how are you liking your focus.

• 8 years later...

My 2012 titanium hasn’t got one either I was surprised the first time I popped the bonnet has something to do with heat generated by this engine