16 replies to this topic

#1 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Ford Model: Hot Magenta Titanium 1.4 with Tech Pack

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

I've heard from a Ford source that early new Fiestas had a trip meter that you couldn't reset. The latest models coming out of the factory have a resetable trip meter. Bit of an oversight Ford if it was the case with the original cars. How come Ford you didn't think of this whilst driving 7 times around earth during testing? :rolleyes:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:08 PM

Yes, it does reset. Press the button on the rev counter to reset it.

#3 kremmen

kremmen

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Puma

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

I've heard from a Ford source that early new Fiestas had a trip meter that you couldn't reset. The latest models coming out of the factory have a resetable trip meter. Bit of an oversight Ford if it was the case with the original cars. How come Ford you didn't think of this whilst driving 7 times around earth during testing? :rolleyes:

On mine I have to press the end of the left stalk at the same time as the trip reset button. this also works with the average MPG amd Average MPH function.

Paul

#4 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Yes, it does reset. Press the button on the rev counter to reset it.

Mine resets in the same way as Mark's above.

The button on the end of the stalk resets the average speed / economy etc.

#5 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

I cant personally see the point of putting a trip meter that cant be reset. Surely that would just mean the car had 2 mileometers???

#6 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

I cant personally see the point of putting a trip meter that cant be reset. Surely that would just mean the car had 2 mileometers???

I'd heard that it reset at 2000 miles but you're right SY99 it would be like two mileometers otherwise.

#7 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

Well I've seen Ford do some very strange things in my time, though I must admit never that strange.

#8 bill42

bill42

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: new fiesta

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

Hi I have a new Fiesta reg December 2008 and I can confirm that my trip meter does does not reset I will go to my dealer as soon as I have time and get it repaired/ replaced ,it doesn't appear as though I am on my own ................thanks

#9 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

It seems some people are having problems resetting the trip comptuer..its really not rocket science to do this.

Press the button on the end of the left hand stalk.

Press it untill your on the trip computer. (one with how many miles you have done since it was last resetted)

Then theres another button on the REV COUNTER. Press and hold this button for a few seconds. It will reset.

To reset MPG/average speed, press the button on the end of the left hand stalk untill your on the one you want to reset. Then press and HOLD untill it resets. Simple really :).

If any of you bothered to read the cars manual then theres a good chance you would of knowen how to do this ;)

#10 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

It seems some people are having problems resetting the trip comptuer..its really not rocket science to do this.

Press the button on the end of the left hand stalk.

Press it untill your on the trip computer. (one with how many miles you have done since it was last resetted)

Then theres another button on the REV COUNTER. Press and hold this button for a few seconds. It will reset.

To reset MPG/average speed, press the button on the end of the left hand stalk untill your on the one you want to reset. Then press and HOLD untill it resets. Simple really :).

If any of you bothered to read the cars manual then theres a good chance you would of knowen how to do this ;)

Owners know how to do it (I think :rolleyes: ) but it was the comment made to me that very early new Fiestas couldn't reset their trip at all, a point that was quickly addressed by Ford for later cars.

#11 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

Hi I have a new Fiesta reg December 2008 and I can confirm that my trip meter does does not reset I will go to my dealer as soon as I have time and get it repaired/ replaced ,it doesn't appear as though I am on my own ................thanks

Are you sure about this Bill?

It can be confusing as the stalk only resets the average mpg and speed whereas the little button on the dash resets the trip.

As Mark's just said, hold it in for a few seconds with the ignition on and it will reset.

Mine does and it's Dec 08 too. :)

#12 Inked

Inked

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 2.0
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:03 AM

As does mine, also a Dec 08 (although I have to say it's a stupid setup, especially coming from a focus where it was done on the indicator stalk)

#13 bill42

bill42

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

It can be confusing as the stalk only resets the average mpg and speed whereas the little button on the dash resets the trip.

As Mark's just said, hold it in for a few seconds with the ignition on and it will reset.

#14 bill42

bill42

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

I know exactly how to reset the trip but mine definately doesn't work and hasn't since I took delivery thought the others items do, mpg/speed averages etc

#15 hedgepig

hedgepig

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

I know exactly how to reset the trip but mine definately doesn't work and hasn't since I took delivery thought the others items do, mpg/speed averages etc

OK--didn't mean to sound patronising--I merely thought it would have been a little embarrassing for you if the dealer had said exactly what Mark and I had said!

Are they going to get it sorted for you?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users