Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie, Arrrrg. Locked Out

Dannys1111

Hi, new to the site but just bought a ford focus mk3, 06 plate, 2.0 petrol auto. some might say mad but I love it, or did.

I went out to it this morning and pushed the button on the plip, nothing.no flashing indicators or nothing.

battery is fully charged, I also replaced the plip batteries, nothing still won't open. Thought I would try the old fashioned method of key in the drivers door lock, again nothing. Help it appears to be deadlocked. I've had a look on this site and found out how to re program the plip but I still need to get in. Barring smashing a window is there any other way. I've tried to rattle the rear windows down like I did on an old cavalier years ago but to no avail, can anyone offer any advice please.

Cheers Danny.

have you checked if the cars battery isnt dead if thats okay time to call an auto locksmith as theres no way in without breaking stuff expensive stuff its a mk2 by the way mate

Hi mate, yeah, battery fully charged. I can get a rear door glass from the local salvage yard for £20, but would rather not have to Hoover the glass out for the next 5 years.

Cheers Danny.

An auto locksmith will get in without breaking anything.

Even with a deadlock on you should be able to manually open the door with the key.

It sounds like your central locking module has gone (either the module or fuse anyway).when you open the bonnet with the key while the doors are locked does the alarm activate?

If not I'd suspect a duff battery or loose terminals.

Anyway breaking the window wouldn't solve much as the deadlock wouldn't allow you to open the doors even from inside.

as stoney said there is nothing you can do smashing the glass still wont allow you to get any doors open all youll achieve is a big bill and trust me replacing the glass on these is not an easy task this isnt a cavalier mate the inside door panel is well held on and the regulator isnt easy to get to simply put you hae no other choice than to get a locksmith out

Far better to get a professional on it.

They have all the tools and tricks of the trade.

The days of cracking out a window with a spark plug and flipping the internal catch are gone the way of the dinosaurs I'm afraid.

Hi, yeah I can open the bonnet no probs and the alarm doesn't go off, I've just took the battery off and put it on charge just in case. Before I did that I put the jump leads on it from my other car and it made no difference. I have 3keys for the car, 1remote key and 2 transponder only keys. I've tried all 3in the drivers door but none open it as they previously did, it's as though they just arnt catching.

Cheers Danny

you should read the post on jump starting a car mate you may have caused some issues there by doing that

what do you mean 2 transponder keys ford supply one transponder one remote key having 2 seems a bit fishy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club