Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot's

richie the spod

Does anyone know if suspension bump stops are included in the mot?

Thanks

Richie

Seeing as they're right at the top of the shocks and only come into play when the car bottoms out I'd say they'll be ok as long as they're not obviously perished.

Seeing as they're right at the top of the shocks and only come into play when the car bottoms out I'd say they'll be ok as long as they're not obviously perished.

Thanks Stoney thats what I was thinking. I have ordered a new pair from Ford parts but they are on back order, so whether I will ever get them is another matter.

Thanks again

Richie

Hopefully I will be

bump stops are not included in the MOT, even with one missing they can not fail the car.

bump stops are not included in the MOT, even with one missing they can not fail the car.

Thanks mintalkin that's good news, I feel a lot happier now,cos i've just spent out a lot on servicing, and a re spray on both bumpers,so if I don't manage to find any new ones from fordparts I would have beeen gutted.

Thanks again mate

Richie

I can confirm that they are not required, i know of someone who fitted Eibach lowering springs and left out the bump stops, the car still passed its MOT (recently- MOTs change as time goes on)

• 2 months later...