Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Tyre For 2009 1.6 Titanium

paul97

Would like to have a proper spare tyre in the boot than a tin of foam, is there anywhere I can get a bargain?

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Nathan, sorry for the long delay in replying, I was waiting for an email in my Thunderbird account but nothing came through, will have to check my settings.

The rim size for the ones on eBay are 14" & my rim size is 16" won't this make a difference?

Cheers

Paul

The rim size does not matter, it's the overall circumference that needs to be as close as possible. ie a 14" wheel with bigger sidewalls will roughly equal a 16" with lower profile tyres.

Thanks Nathan, will check out an online tyre calculator to see what the difernce is.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Nathan, will check out an online tyre calculator to see what the difernce is.

Cheers

Paul

The official Ford spare is a 175x65 R14 steel wheel and tyre (just checked mine). This more or less matches the 195x45 R16 alloy. The width isn't the same which is why you should treat it as a space saver, i.e. a get me home at 50mph rather than a full spare. Much better than a can of foam though!

You also need a jack and wheel brace. Some sellers have the full kit while others are just selling a wheel. Watch out for wheels that may be off a mk6 or earlier as the tyre may be old and degraded.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club