Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 Diesel Ford Fiesta Titanium (2009) Beeps When Ignition Is Switched On. Help?

Neo222

Hi guys, this is my first time posting so I hope I'm posting this in the correct place.

I have recently bought myself a 2009 1.4 Diesel Ford Fiesta Titanium. Ever since I bought it, it always beeps about ten times (as you can hear in the video, link below) when the ignition is switched on, but doesn't do this at any other time during a journey. It is only after speaking to one of my friends who has a fiesta that I found out that this isn't normal. No warning lights show and everything feels like it is working fine, there is nothing in the manual/handbook about any beeps or what they mean. I'm just a bit concerned that it could be something serious. Does anybody know what this means, or what is causing it?

Here is a link to a video of my car showing the problem:

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Does the car have a tracking device installed? Some tracking devices require tags, and the tag reader can beep when it searches for tags.

I have a 1.25 zetec , sister in law has a 1.6 TDCI titanium and never heard this before.

It really does sound as the car thinks its been nicked and then changes its mind.

Do you have 2 sets of keys. If so does it do the same with both sets

Thanks for your replies. I was only given one key when I bought the car, and I wasn't told anything about it having a tracking device installed. If it did would there be a way of checking apart from the beeping?

Is this problem likely to be show up when a diagnostic tool is used to check for errors?

Thanks again

Ran a diagnostics/fault check with a ProScan V580 and it showed up with no errors :wacko:. Any ideas what I should do now or what else I could check. Also on an extra note if I turn off of warning chimes it doesn't beep when the ignition is on but instead beeps when I turn the engine on.

This may seem odd but it doens't sound like a Ford beep.

All my beeps are doorbell or siren in style (ie low fuel, lights on, door open/ no seatbelt) and the display shows the error, that one sounds too "simple"

If you go into the menu and information messages does that say anything? Probably won;t but worth looking.

Yeah it doesn't really sound like any of the others, just popped out and had a look and there are not messages either.

This may sound odd but I notice from the video that you have some lights selected(not sure which what they are mine doesn't have it) on the dial next to the steering wheel does it still do the beeping when they are turned completely off ie on the 0 sign

Automatic lights that selection on the dial is. That shouldnt cause a beep. Lights only cause a beeping if u leave ur dipped beam on when about to turn the engine off.

Ah ok must be a titanium feature and I know it should only beep when you leave your lights on and open a door. Wondered whether it was a beep to say the lights had come on or auto was selected

I can tell you exactly what that is, i'll lay bets that your car had a Parrot bluetooth system fitted at some time and they've removed the controller and microphone but left the main unit fitted.

It's the main unit beeping to tell you that the parrot has a missing component or a disconnected cable.

When i got my car a Parrot was already fitted and the control unit had a loose connection and kept making that noise when knocked.

If you look behind your radio or behind the glove box you'll likely find a blue box like one of these-

$(KGrHqN,!q0FBhHPcM7VBQm(YbYs6!~~60_12.JPG

$T2eC16RHJGoE9nuQfSeyBQjCvzfm8Q~~60_12.JPG

If it isn't that i'll eat my Public Order Helmet.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 11/9/2012 at 5:52 AM, Stoney871 said:

I can tell you exactly what that is, i'll lay bets that your car had a Parrot bluetooth system fitted at some time and they've removed the controller and microphone but left the main unit fitted.

It's the main unit beeping to tell you that the parrot has a missing component or a disconnected cable.

When i got my car a Parrot was already fitted and the control unit had a loose connection and kept making that noise when knocked.

If you look behind your radio or behind the glove box you'll likely find a blue box like one of these-

Your 100% right and thank you for your comment, I was clearing the car out and found a smashed up parrot unit in the car but didn't think anything off it until now, just looked and there is a blue box 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/9/2012 at 5:52 AM, Stoney871 said:

Had the same problem and yes you are totally right. Thankful for your post, even tho it’s from 2012 and now it’s 2020 ! These forums are priceless. Thank you👍🏻