Marty1198

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5 Style
  • Year: 2008

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Bought these Cree bulbs a while back but only got round to fitting them yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't check the dimensions and although the base fits the holder, the other end doesn't fit through the hole the bulb is supposed to fit. Any ideas? Or can anyone suggest an alternative use?

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012-11-07 15.38.41.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

How much of a difference are we talking mate? Would it be possible to file a bit of the hole away to make it big enough to fit but still have the cover fit on?

Failing that, front footwells, interior courtesy lights, map lights, glove box light, boot light? Or is it too big for any of these also? Front footwells, if you've the holders in place, are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that you'll def have no issue with as there's no cover on them, just the holder pointing down toward the footwell.

#3 Marty1198

Marty1198

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5 Style
  • Year: 2008

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

I've got blue led's in the footwells at the moment. I tried one of the cree bulbs in there but it directs the light too narrow. The widest part of the bulb is 15mm. I guess I could try and file a bit off both the bulb and the hole it it's meant to fit.

#4 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

No chance of a refund or anything mate?

Just so you know (queue disclaimer!), I have no experience of filing the holder, hole or anywhere else for that matter, so don't try it based on my advice unless you're 100% comfortable that you won't go too far as you obviously won't be able to undo it!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users