Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 2012 Tit X Drl

Scorer1uk

Hey guys, long time lurker here... I have a question in which I'm hoping you lot can answer.

I have a standard DRL as part of Tit X and I was wondering if it is possible to add a 2nd DRL in the lower grille section? Not sure if this is illegal or otherwise and this 'mod' is one of many that I am looking into!

BTW, this site is absolute goldmine although there seems to be a few MK3 mods around. Keep up the good work regarding the guides and all that! :D

Chris

I can't see any reason why they would be illegal , if i had not of brought the TitX myself then i would have fitted them.But IMHO i would not fit them to have two sets running.

And a very nice looking Tit X you got Pree! You might be just the man to keep a close eye on regarding the MK3 guides lol. Just out of curiousity, what is your reason for not having 2 sets running if you don't mind me asking? Is it a drain on the battery, or it just look a tad 'tacky'?

If i had got the Titanium i would have fitted them , but i'm not too sure if two sets would look a bit tacky , it might look great , maybe knock up a mock picture to see how they would look would be the best idea.

I think the TitX with the 18" wheels looks great , although white always shouts out "clean me" lol

How are you getting on with your wheels ? , mine seem to find every curve in the road and pull at the steering making me grip the wheel a little harder , i think a combination of the size of wheel and electric steering cause it. Still finding the Climate a pain in the neck to control and spend too much time looking for the fan button lol

I'm useless with all this photoshopping lark lol. That mod isn't particularly important on my to-do list so I will wait and see if someone else does it.

I agree with the Tit X with the 18" wheels! Coming from a 2009 Zetec S in Vision Blue also with 18", it's not so much a noticeable difference between the 2 with the wheels but I tend to feel that the current focus deals with it alot better than the 2009 for some reason.

Ha ha yeah the Climate is an area where I am a complete noob at and the manual is !Removed! hard work to completely understand and absorb it! I just set mine to Auto with the A/C off (fan off) and the air vents open in order to adjust accordingly. The Temp is set at 22oC, sometimes i put it up to 23oC if I'm feeling nippy! So far so good...

Slightly OT - have you changed any bulbs and if so, what kind of bulbs? I'm fairly happy with the dipped ones, but would like to change the sidelights, puddle, boot and number plates.

Thanks!

Only bulbs i have changed so far is the Boot bulbs to SMD 9 Led's , they make a massive difference and light the boot area up like a stadium , i removed them from my old Focus before i swapped it. , but been real busy fitting a new kitchen , so now i will get more time to start and look at things i want to change.

I have been searching for a 5 inch screen "satnav" version screen to replace the 4.5 inch but not having any luck so far. But i also want to check the back of the Sony just on the off chance there is the video input for a camera , which i doubt but i'm going to check anyway.

I have also been thinking of moving the Start button to the center by the heated seats as i don't like its current location.

How it might look with double DRL's , sorry my photoshop skills are rubbish lol

20120908_172347-2.jpg

How it might look with double DRL's , sorry my photoshop skills are rubbish lol

20120908_172347-2.jpg

That's a pretty damn good effort lol it looks interesting but i wonder if there will be any lighting difference between the lower grille DRL and the headlight one? Hmm...

RE the camera - now that was also something I was looking into so please do let us know how you get on with that.

The starter button, OMFG its annoying isn't it?! I constantly have to wrap my whole arm round the steering wheel to reach it, Why for the life of me, do Ford not put it right next to the handbrake like they did with the RS? Oh is there a illiunimiated starter button ring anywhere? I googled but I can't seem to find any?

PS good luck with the kitchen mate! lol

Well i was thinking of moving it , would just need to extend the wiring from the plug , then move the 12v Aux into the arm rest and then fix a 12v USB power source where the start button is at the moment to fill the hole and also supply a power source for my phone

Hi, in my mind fitting another set of drl's would just look amateurish, why bother when there is the ford's much neater attempt. I am not sure of the legality however you might pick up some unwanted interest from the police. As far as the CC is concerned it would be better to set it on auto with it on as all air conditioning needs running at least once a month for some 20 mins or so to stop the seals from hardening. I find my 18" tyres do tramline to a certain extent when they are cold, however this is a characteristic of all 18" wheels/tyres and some manufacturers tyres are worse at it than others. I seem to be able to drive with one hand on the steering wheel for most of the time though once they have reached a warmer temperature.

Leave it as is, drl in the headlamps look much better than in the bumper as they look like they were ment to be there in the first place and not an after thought.

I agree with the comments above, I think the aftermarket ones look OTT with the factory fit ones as well. Either/Or in my opinion.

I'm not that keen on the linear DRLs that sit in the lower grill , but someone did post ring type ones that sit in the fog lights which looked pretty smart.

Personally, I'm waiting for someone to write off a TitX and stick the standard DRL lights on eBay and investigating whether they are a straight swap for the Zetec style lights that I have ;)

To those wanting to move the start button, what do make of this :

http://item.mobilewe...nid=68264360271

Haz, that's a good find mate, and i would probably go for something like that if I hadn't already got an illuminated gear knob that I had installed from Ford for free along with the leather handbrake!

To those wanting to move the start button, what do make of this :

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=150904602537&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=68264360271

For me that would have to be a NO , don't like it at all TBH , moving the Start button to the 12V Aux position will just need to extend the wiring , then the 12V Aux can go in the armrest , and the hole where the start button came from maybe filled with an adapted version of one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-IPHONE-4S-3-IPAD-IPOD-12V-BLUE-MINI-IN-CAR-USB-CHARGER-CIGARETTE-LIGHTER-/290811042351?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43b5b05a2f

by the looks of it i will be able to take it apart , rewire it and then fit in the Start button hole to power my phone via USB with out too many trailing wire's.

The current Aux in the middle by the gear stick is a stupid place if you wanted to dash mount a a Phone or GPS.

Pree - I'll be looking forward to seeing a guide for that from you mate :D