Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andyroo89

!!!!!URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!! rs1800 engine with BAD problems!!!!

4 posts in this topic

Hello i fitted an rs1800 engine to my 1.6 Si today, all the connections seem to be EXACTLY the same.

engine was fitted and i tested it on the 1.6 ECU just to make sure it turned/started fine. it did.

fitted RS1800 ECU with steering column and it will NOT run, petrol is getting to the cylinder but a spark isnt (not to sure about the spark because it was balanced and fell off but should have seen it anyway.

i was wondering if anyone knew why that was? all i could think is the wiring to the ECU's may be different??

if so does anyone PLEASE know how to modify it so it runs.

its running on the 1.6 ECU at the moment but its chugging stalling the lot.

thanks!

andy

seems im not the only 1 with rs 1800 probs, ive used same engine as replasement hart for my xr21 16v, but used xr2 cams throt bodies , all plumbed up but seems to be running very hot ,im about to give up and source a turbo engine lol, good luck sorry i cant help. ste

Hello i fitted an rs1800 engine to my 1.6 Si today, all the connections seem to be EXACTLY the same.

engine was fitted and i tested it on the 1.6 ECU just to make sure it turned/started fine. it did.

fitted RS1800 ECU with steering column and it will NOT run, petrol is getting to the cylinder but a spark isnt (not to sure about the spark because it was balanced and fell off but should have seen it anyway.

i was wondering if anyone knew why that was? all i could think is the wiring to the ECU's may be different??

if so does anyone PLEASE know how to modify it so it runs.

its running on the 1.6 ECU at the moment but its chugging stalling the lot.

thanks!

andy

i think you might have to get your ecu re-mapped or chipped as your engine has been modified but the ecu is set as standard you can get to the ecu by your obd2 input under your dash :ph34r: