Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Lmao you should have seen my face though. I was crouched down outside in the driver side door way removing my OBD pocket last night when something in the back on the ceiling caught me eye n I was like what the !Removed! hells that lol.

Went to investigate and it was a nice little surprise. Just shows though as the driver, when do you ever really sit in the back of your car to notice? Been turned off the whole time so I'd never have known.

I text the Missus to tell her n next thing she put her coat n shoes on n come outside in the cold for a mooh cause she didnt know how she'd never seen it either.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,994 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

Showing your missus the roof lights in the back seat?
Any excuse eh? ;)

#18 koosh34

koosh34

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus MK2 1.6 TDCI

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Thanks for all the advice/pics Charlie, appreciate it. Those panels really light the whole boot up! These would be the white equivalent? Real cheap from hong kong but might see if I can find a UK seller if it isn't much more (easier to return if they don't work/stop working after a while).

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20c5e32d73

Also thanks for the heads up on them often having a flakey connection, sure I've got something to sort that out.

So I checked for the footwell light and the plastic moulding is there but no socket or wiring :( is that going to be much of a pain to install?

Also think I'll go for this one with the sunglasses, any ideas what that little black plastic bit with the ball on the end is (top left of the pic)?

Posted Image

#19 Steven33

Steven33

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

does anyone know if the wiring is present for the rear courtesy light and the vanity lights? i have a '59 zetec but only have the main courtesy light. Would attempt to fit the extra lights if I take my brave pills and the wiring was already there.

#20 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for all the advice/pics Charlie, appreciate it. Those panels really light the whole boot up! These would be the white equivalent? Real cheap from hong kong but might see if I can find a UK seller if it isn't much more (easier to return if they don't work/stop working after a while).

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item20c5e32d73

Also thanks for the heads up on them often having a flakey connection, sure I've got something to sort that out.

So I checked for the footwell light and the plastic moulding is there but no socket or wiring :( is that going to be much of a pain to install?

Also think I'll go for this one with the sunglasses, any ideas what that little black plastic bit with the ball on the end is (top left of the pic)?

Posted Image

Yes those are what you want in white. You won't be disappointed. Yes theres UK sellers, think they'll be about 3quid each though so like twice the price, still cheap though. Like I said with the flakey connection, just a blob of sealant or glue in the wedge adapter and your sorted.

#21 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,994 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

That little black ball is a mounting point for a Parrot Bluetooth Microphone, it's only held on with a sticky pad and will peel off.

#22 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

If stuck on at all...mine is a little clip fitting which I have at the top of my driver side A-pillar.

photo0186.jpg

Steven, I'm not sure about the wiring looms on the facelifts, but retro-fitting interior lights is dead easy as it's just a matter of tapping into the existing loom if need be. The bravery part is required for the roof lining cutting, but even this is straightforward if you take a lot of care. Keep in mind, it's easy to take an extra little bit off if your initial cut is too small - not so easy to put it back on if you cut it too big!

#23 Steven33

Steven33

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

If stuck on at all...mine is a little clip fitting which I have at the top of my driver side A-pillar.

photo0186.jpg

Steven, I'm not sure about the wiring looms on the facelifts, but retro-fitting interior lights is dead easy as it's just a matter of tapping into the existing loom if need be. The bravery part is required for the roof lining cutting, but even this is straightforward if you take a lot of care. Keep in mind, it's easy to take an extra little bit off if your initial cut is too small - not so easy to put it back on if you cut it too big!

cheers mate, i always knew that it if need be I could splice into the courtesy light loom, but my knowledge of electronics and splicing/crimping/soldering skills are non-existent! if it was a plug and play job i'd definitely give it a go though! I keep meaning to remove the light and have a peek at the wiring but keep forgetting to. My girlfriend is off for a long weekend though this weekend and I plan on giving the car a day long clean and prep for winter (including an attempt at a few stone chip repairs :unsure: ) so i'll have a good investigation into what's hiding behind the roof lining.

#24 StanH

StanH

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 187 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 Petrol
  • Year: 2006

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Anything to give you guys a laugh.
Saw the posts about the rear courtesy light so I had to go and check, didn't I
Sure enough I have it and it was working. I had a spare blue LED festoon from when I did the front, so, out with the old bulb - can't find that any more so will have to wait for daylight - fiddled around offering up the LED, dropped a couple of times and then bingo, it disappeared through that gaping hole into the headlining. Gone for ever so I hope it doesn't rattle.
Trouble was that that was 38mm and the holder needs 42mm.
42mm blue ordered but I will bung up that hole before I try to fit.
Fiddly job, can't hold bulb properly to offer it up, and I don't have fat fingers

#25 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Anything to give you guys a laugh.
Saw the posts about the rear courtesy light so I had to go and check, didn't I
Sure enough I have it and it was working. I had a spare blue LED festoon from when I did the front, so, out with the old bulb - can't find that any more so will have to wait for daylight - fiddled around offering up the LED, dropped a couple of times and then bingo, it disappeared through that gaping hole into the headlining. Gone for ever so I hope it doesn't rattle.
Trouble was that that was 38mm and the holder needs 42mm.
42mm blue ordered but I will bung up that hole before I try to fit.
Fiddly job, can't hold bulb properly to offer it up, and I don't have fat fingers

You mean you had a rear courtesy light and never noticed either mate?

#26 StanH

StanH

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 187 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 Petrol

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Yes - never noticed and had to check

#27 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Lmao how long you owned the car mate and never noticed? Nice one for confirming it's a 42mm I need, thought it looked bigger than the 38mm I've got in the front

#28 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,994 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Some of you guys really need to get acquainted with their back seats (with the help of their other half's if available, or someone else's if not ;))

#29 GoldenLeaf

GoldenLeaf

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 TDCI

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

I can confirm 38mm festoon bulbs fit the reg bulb holders. These are the ones I got:
http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

Reg Bulb Change.jpg

Hope this helps.

#30 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

I was actually on about my second courtesy light in the back of the car for rear passengers. But I think it's the same size.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: courtesy light, boot light, glove box light, LED, ford focus mk2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users