• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 danieldonaghey

danieldonaghey

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.6 2008

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

I have a 2008 ford focus and am looking for a touch screen sat nav unit to put in to it does anybody have any recomendations

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Big_dom91

Big_dom91

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Name: Dominic
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

Depends how much ur willing to pay iv got a 09 focus an im gunna get a pioneer 2400 looks nice and for the price you get a bit for your money like :)

http://www.halfords....65857&langId=-1

#3 deanoo

deanoo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hi Daniel I have just fitted a 7" touch screen sat-nav, dvd, Bluetooth unit to my 2008 focus from ebay. The quality of the unit is very good and is the exact size and connections as the Ford one. The unit is sub £200 it took 45 minutes to fit. the sat nav is spot on and the dvd is good quality. Only had it a week but so far so good and all the ford focus factory fitted items work i.e the steering wheel controls, the reverse gear sensor and the lights and the dash board clock. if you want any pics let me know.

#4 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: KA Mk2 + Audi A5 Cabriolet
Contributor

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Deanoo is it one of those on eBay, from china?? Got any pics mate??

I am interested in getting one too, just not too sure on the cheaper ones. By reverse gear sensor do you mean it has the reverse camera function??

#5 CheesyPeteza

CheesyPeteza

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 2009 1.6 Zetec Auto

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hi Daniel I have just fitted a 7" touch screen sat-nav, dvd, Bluetooth unit to my 2008 focus from ebay. The quality of the unit is very good and is the exact size and connections as the Ford one. The unit is sub £200 it took 45 minutes to fit. the sat nav is spot on and the dvd is good quality. Only had it a week but so far so good and all the ford focus factory fitted items work i.e the steering wheel controls, the reverse gear sensor and the lights and the dash board clock. if you want any pics let me know.

Arggh don't tell us it was great then don't say which one it was. :)

I too am looking for one, my car didn't come with Bluetooth or voice controls, I'm thinking it'd make more sense just to upgrade the head unit than buying Bluetooth and controls etc...wouldn't mind satnav too while I'm at it.

#6 deanoo

deanoo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hi its model: The ES789EU 7" HD Car DVD Player Sat Nav iPod TV PiP Can Bus SWC FORD FOCUS MONDEO, yea really pleased with it the only fault I can find so far is when you set the screen to go blank after 3 or 5 minutes on the radio this also applies to the sat nav and you don't want that going blank after 3 or 5 minutes so I have left that setting off also the TV is analogue but I could have spent more money and got the digital TV.
Haz93, my car already has rear parking sensors so I did not fit the rear camera but the unit is compatible with the standard and infra-red rear cameras. The ford focus must send a signal to the can-bus because when I select reverse the screen goes blank mutes the radio and says back car on the screen, which is good so I can hear the beeps from the rear sensors.

I have taken a pic as requested
How do you add a photo?????????????????

#7 Gary Minty Jupe

Gary Minty Jupe

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 zetec

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Looks good !

#8 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: KA Mk2 + Audi A5 Cabriolet
Contributor

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Use the more reply options button and attach photo is at the bottom :)

Sounds like a pretty decent headunit then

#9 astonnick

astonnick

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hi its model: The ES789EU 7" HD Car DVD Player Sat Nav iPod TV PiP Can Bus SWC FORD FOCUS MONDEO, yea really pleased with it the only fault I can find so far is when you set the screen to go blank after 3 or 5 minutes on the radio this also applies to the sat nav and you don't want that going blank after 3 or 5 minutes so I have left that setting off also the TV is analogue but I could have spent more money and got the digital TV.
Haz93, my car already has rear parking sensors so I did not fit the rear camera but the unit is compatible with the standard and infra-red rear cameras. The ford focus must send a signal to the can-bus because when I select reverse the screen goes blank mutes the radio and says back car on the screen, which is good so I can hear the beeps from the rear sensors.

I have taken a pic as requested
How do you add a photo?????????????????

Where abouts did you put the GPS antenna?

#10 deanoo

deanoo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hi I put the GPS is the windscreen column on the passenger side totally concealed. There is loads of room in there and the GPS is magnetic so no fixings required, I then clipped the cable along side the exiting wiring loom. Picture as requested and thanks for your help in adding a pic.

Attached Thumbnails

• sat nav.jpg

#11 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,515 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

I had one of those in my last Focus. I put the GPS through a hole to the right of the unit before putting it back in the dash, and stuck it on top of the dash pod under the dashboard cover. Probably no good if you have got a heated screen though.

#12 greggp

greggp

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2008 1.8 petrol Titanium

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Deanoo, that looks the nuts! What's the sound quality like? Does it have direct ipod control connection??

#13 deanoo

deanoo

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hi Greg, it comes with the ipod connection lead that plugs into the rear of the unit I guess you route it through to the glove box?. I prefer the mini sd card on the right hand side on the front for media up to 8gb I think. I have put my music on mp3 on a sd card. oh the sound quality ok-ish nothing special about the same as the original ford stereo.

#14 astonnick

astonnick

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Hi I put the GPS is the windscreen column on the passenger side totally concealed. There is loads of room in there and the GPS is magnetic so no fixings required, I then clipped the cable along side the exiting wiring loom. Picture as requested and thanks for your help in adding a pic.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how did you remove the trim piece covering the windscreen column? And how did you get the wire from the radio to the top of the dash? I'm crap at this as you can tell :)

#15 STEADS

STEADS

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Name: NEIL
  • Ford Model: FOCUS 1.8 TDCI TITANIUM AND 2.0 TDCI

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Just ben speaking to a guy who does the geniune ford units for about 500 says they retail at 1300/1500 if anyones after one of them

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users