Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Wheel Nut / Cover Loose

Peterjones

Just had our Fiesta serviced by Ford and they've advised that all the wheel bolts need replacing at a cost of £100!! Which I'm not too happy about :angry:

Whats the verdict on the eBay wheel bolts for £18 ? Gone rusty ? Corroded ? Any problems ?

Says the bolts are for the Focus! Are Fiesta wheel nuts the same as Focus wheel nuts ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-16-M12-x-1-5-19mm-Hex-OE-Style-alloy-wheel-nuts-lugs-bolts-for-Ford-Focus-/261811680147?hash=item3cf5313393:g:z6QAAOSwstxVBDoW&utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals&clk_rvr_id=1173144819518&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Cheers. Ian.

On 14/11/2012 at 1:32 PM, btmaldon said:

I super glued the one loose one we had on the SportKA and its been holding OK for the last two years.

I hope you never have to take that wheel off.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Just had our Fiesta serviced by Ford and they've advised that all the wheel bolts need replacing at a cost of £100!! Which I'm not too happy about :angry:

Whats the verdict on the ebay wheel bolts for £18 ? Gone rusty ? Corroded ? Any problems ?

Says the bolts are for the Focus! Are Fiesta wheel nuts the same as Focus wheel nuts ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-16-M12-x-1-5-19mm-Hex-OE-Style-alloy-wheel-nuts-lugs-bolts-for-Ford-Focus-/261811680147?hash=item3cf5313393:g:z6QAAOSwstxVBDoW&utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals&clk_rvr_id=1173144819518&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Cheers. Ian.

Same ones I bought off eBay. They're zinc plated so will last a while but eventually I'm expecting them to discolour due to the roadsalt. Once and if mine do I'm just going to give them a light coat of spray paint if I can be bothered. They fit good and are better than the originals in my opinion. I also bought an 'alloy wheelnut socket' with a plastic sleeve around the outside so you don't damage the alloy wheel when fitting them.

43 minutes ago, Russ said:

Same ones I bought off eBay. They're zinc plated so will last a while but eventually I'm expecting them to discolour due to the roadsalt. Once and if mine do I'm just going to give them a light coat of spray paint if I can be bothered. They fit good and are better than the originals in my opinion. I also bought an 'alloy wheelnut socket' with a plastic sleeve around the outside so you don't damage the alloy wheel when fitting them.

Thanks for the replying. I take it those bolts was for a Focus ? I've no idea if Fiesta & Focus bolts are the same!!

29 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Thanks for the replying. I take it those bolts was for a Focus ? I've no idea if Fiesta & Focus bolts are the same!!

Yep mine were for a focus but fiesta ones are similar, just the nut and the locating 'taper' for the fiesta are solid. (The focus has a separate tapered washer that is located around the bottom of the nut)

• Like 1

Thanks for replying Russ, I'll take a photo of one of my bolts and message the seller to see what he says, don't want to be buying the wrong type.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the replacement new bolts and changed the OE bolts!  Utterly shocked how bad five of the covers was extremely loose to the point of them coming off :w00t:

If any of you guys out there has the early Fiesta with the bolts with the covers fitted I urge you to check them ASAP.

Mine were like that so used caps like these over .they come with prongs to remove & come in various colours
Yunii
dbafdb6bf3dfaf6f0bda4d2411596395.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

f3ab1bb95fa74aeae563231bad047d31.jpg
Something like this goes over the nuts & look good.
Yunii

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I need some of these,  half have mine have either fell off or not been put back on when it's been in for repair and the others that are left are very loose you when you touch them.

I'm just gonna get some plastic ones like above. @yunii  are they 17MM or the 19MM ones?

17MM

19MM

I've got a 2010 Fiesta Titinium btw, thanks

I bought these wheelnuts from eBay. Infact bought 2 sets. Black & Blue. Come different colours. You get 20 bolts.
Yunii
d8f10b2ad2dfa4e30d6cdb267dded1f1.jpg289738e054a1dff40ffd6b03cce0c326.jpg5bb897eb05457c005a3ad86626be72d8.jpg2bbdfa2ef22a29b3a93887d2e5b4a864.jpg

• Like 1

On 26/08/2017 at 9:02 PM, yunii said:

I bought these wheelnuts from ebay. Infact bought 2 sets. Black & Blue. Come different colours. You get 20 bolts.
Yunii
d8f10b2ad2dfa4e30d6cdb267dded1f1.jpg289738e054a1dff40ffd6b03cce0c326.jpg5bb897eb05457c005a3ad86626be72d8.jpg2bbdfa2ef22a29b3a93887d2e5b4a864.jpg

How much did they cost off eBay?

• Like 1

How much did they cost off ebay?
I bought 2 sets . Black & the blue ones.
I phoned up to ask if he would do them any cheaper & he did them i think both for £45 posted.
Yunii

Ok thanks.

The ones SeanW posted are £20 so i may get them to save some cash :)

Ok thanks.
The ones SeanW posted are £20 so i may get them to save some cash :)
Btw these are not covers but bolts.
Yunii

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with my  focus stupid lug nuts with stainless steel covers , that wont come off and if you get a puncture you will be left stranded.

I have ordered MK2 Focus replacement nuts which are closed nuts and don't need silly cover caps , until then i will have to visit a garage to have caps removed .

Having researched this problem with ford focus , Fiesta, fusion and 4x4  fords , in America they have sued ford for design fault , this has'nt come  to the UK yet , but needs someone with money and clout to take Ford on. Recall the vehicles and compensate customers .

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:47 PM, phil.bates said:

I have ordered MK2 Focus replacement nuts which are closed nuts and don't need silly cover caps , until then i will have to visit a garage to have caps removed .

The Mk2 nuts are exactly the same.  The cap is pressed on and is part of the nut, it's not meant to come off.  As the nuts get older, the caps can become loose, but if they fall off you can just use an 18mm socket to remove them instead.  

• 4 years later...

Thanks guys, I have a Ford Mondeo (67) thought someone had tampered with one of my wheels, turns out other than the locking nut, which is complete the others have these plastic covers, will be investing in some complete nuts without the silly covers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club