Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

FORD FAIR – SILVERSTONE – 6TH AUGUST 2017

Join us on the Ford Owners Club stand at Ford Fair, Silverstone on Sunday 6th August 2017.

Click this link to find out more

• Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Peterjones

Alloy Wheel Nut / Cover Loose

34 posts in this topic

Just had our Fiesta serviced by Ford and they've advised that all the wheel bolts need replacing at a cost of £100!! Which I'm not too happy about :angry:

Whats the verdict on the ebay wheel bolts for £18 ? Gone rusty ? Corroded ? Any problems ?

Says the bolts are for the Focus! Are Fiesta wheel nuts the same as Focus wheel nuts ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-16-M12-x-1-5-19mm-Hex-OE-Style-alloy-wheel-nuts-lugs-bolts-for-Ford-Focus-/261811680147?hash=item3cf5313393:g:z6QAAOSwstxVBDoW&utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals&clk_rvr_id=1173144819518&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Cheers. Ian.

On 14/11/2012 at 1:32 PM, btmaldon said:

I super glued the one loose one we had on the SportKA and its been holding OK for the last two years.

I hope you never have to take that wheel off.

Ian Lanc likes this

46 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Just had our Fiesta serviced by Ford and they've advised that all the wheel bolts need replacing at a cost of £100!! Which I'm not too happy about :angry:

Whats the verdict on the ebay wheel bolts for £18 ? Gone rusty ? Corroded ? Any problems ?

Says the bolts are for the Focus! Are Fiesta wheel nuts the same as Focus wheel nuts ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-16-M12-x-1-5-19mm-Hex-OE-Style-alloy-wheel-nuts-lugs-bolts-for-Ford-Focus-/261811680147?hash=item3cf5313393:g:z6QAAOSwstxVBDoW&utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals&clk_rvr_id=1173144819518&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

Cheers. Ian.

Same ones I bought off eBay. They're zinc plated so will last a while but eventually I'm expecting them to discolour due to the roadsalt. Once and if mine do I'm just going to give them a light coat of spray paint if I can be bothered. They fit good and are better than the originals in my opinion. I also bought an 'alloy wheelnut socket' with a plastic sleeve around the outside so you don't damage the alloy wheel when fitting them.

43 minutes ago, Russ said:

Same ones I bought off eBay. They're zinc plated so will last a while but eventually I'm expecting them to discolour due to the roadsalt. Once and if mine do I'm just going to give them a light coat of spray paint if I can be bothered. They fit good and are better than the originals in my opinion. I also bought an 'alloy wheelnut socket' with a plastic sleeve around the outside so you don't damage the alloy wheel when fitting them.

Thanks for the replying. I take it those bolts was for a Focus ? I've no idea if Fiesta & Focus bolts are the same!!

29 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Thanks for the replying. I take it those bolts was for a Focus ? I've no idea if Fiesta & Focus bolts are the same!!

Yep mine were for a focus but fiesta ones are similar, just the nut and the locating 'taper' for the fiesta are solid. (The focus has a separate tapered washer that is located around the bottom of the nut)

Ian Lanc likes this

Thanks for replying Russ, I'll take a photo of one of my bolts and message the seller to see what he says, don't want to be buying the wrong type.

Russ likes this

Finally got the replacement new bolts and changed the OE bolts!  Utterly shocked how bad five of the covers was extremely loose to the point of them coming off :w00t:

If any of you guys out there has the early Fiesta with the bolts with the covers fitted I urge you to check them ASAP.

Mine were like that so used caps like these over .they come with prongs to remove & come in various colours
Yunii
dbafdb6bf3dfaf6f0bda4d2411596395.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

f3ab1bb95fa74aeae563231bad047d31.jpg
Something like this goes over the nuts & look good.
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ian Lanc likes this