Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone received confirmation of delivery next week?

knighton

Does this mean anybody that's car isn't in their dealers by now isn't getting it this week?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nipz

• Truly55

• knighton

• poohbear

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean anybody that's car isn't in their dealers by now isn't getting it this week?

No, not at all. There are literally dozens of transporters leaving Halewood each morning. If your car is due week ending the 7th it could be anyday right up to the Saturday. I guess I was lucky that it turned up Monday morning. Last Thursday, whilst driving to Liverpool, 8 transporters went by on the other side of the road within about 20 minutes. Most were loaded with Fiestas.

No, not at all. There are literally dozens of transporters leaving Halewood each morning. If your car is due week ending the 7th it could be anyday right up to the Saturday. I guess I was lucky that it turned up Monday morning. Last Thursday, whilst driving to Liverpool, 8 transporters went by on the other side of the road within about 20 minutes. Most were loaded with Fiestas.

Phew :) Something still tells me i wont be getting my car this week! Still dont have a date, just told end of this week :(

Aaaah, useless tossers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ford have sent the right car up apart from the trim is Fairland and not Soho and my stupid dealer accepeted the car off the transporter so now it's Evans Halshaws fault and not Ford UK. The dealer doesn't look that bothered about the whole thing. :angry::angry: and is prepared to give me my deposit back. !Removed!! I've been looking forward to the car for 6 weeks and now it's the wrong car.

I wonder what Evans Halshaw could offer me to keep the Fairland? I bet I'd be a lot less than Ford UK could have offered if it was Fords mistake but not it isn't as the dealer accepted the car.

Gutted and angry. :angry:

Aaaah, useless tossers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ford have sent the right car up apart from the trim is Fairland and not Soho and my stupid dealer accepeted the car off the transporter so now it's Evans Halshaws fault and not Ford UK. The dealer doesn't look that bothered about the whole thing. :angry::angry: and is prepared to give me my deposit back. !Removed!! I've been looking forward to the car for 6 weeks and now it's the wrong car.

I wonder what Evans Halshaw could offer me to keep the Fairland? I bet I'd be a lot less than Ford UK could have offered if it was Fords mistake but not it isn't as the dealer accepted the car.

Hi, which evan halshaw was yours from. Mine will be coming from English Ford Poole.

WTF!!! You should kick up hell and demand to speak to the manager (if not the owner) of the dealer!!! That is totally unacceptable!

I am lost for words!

Here's my growng list of reasons to keep the wrong car:

- Evans Halshaw to give me free scuff plates (already ordered but not paid for)

- Evans Halshaw to give me 3 years free servicing

- ???

Any sensible others?

Ford are clearly incapable. They have sent me car, to guess what? No not the wrong colour, not the wrong trim, but the wrong country!!

My aunty lives in Belgium, have asked her to bring it over with her haha!

Ford are clearly incapable. They have sent me car, to guess what? No not the wrong colour, not the wrong trim, but the wrong country!!

My aunty lives in Belgium, have asked her to bring it over with her haha!

OMG! What have they said about it?

Nipz, read my "Ford a joke" post...explained in there!!

lol read it 5 secs after i posted :)

Mmmm, my first experience with Ford isn't giving me any confidence in their company. I can see why I've bought Toyotas for years but I liked the look of the new fezzer. Let me see what happens tomorrow after I kick up a storm with both Ford Motor Company and Evans Halshaw. I'm more annoyed with EH as the business manager I spoke to this evening wasn't bothered it was the wrong car. He didn't engage with me at all and carried on looking at his !Removed! computer screen. I should have gone to Polar down the road. :rolleyes:

!Removed! hell, that's unforgiveable.

Are you buying the car outright or is it on options as I would imagine that the interior on the Hot Magenta could affect resale.

!Removed! hell, that's unforgiveable.

Are you buying the car outright or is it on options as I would imagine that the interior on the Hot Magenta could affect resale.

Looking at my thread on how people got their cars it was done on Ford Options.

Well that shouldn't affect resale if the car goes back to Ford.

Personally, I think I'd want another car ordering in the spec I specified if it was upto me at the original price agreed and the service thrown in as well. That's the least they could after an all mighty !Removed! up like that.

All depends if Truly can wait I suppose.

Well that shouldn't affect resale if the car goes back to Ford.

Personally, I think I'd want another car ordering in the spec I specified if it was upto me at the original price agreed and the service thrown in as well. That's the least they could after an all mighty !Removed! up like that.

All depends if Truly can wait I suppose.

I think he should get a fairly nice discount with the servicing thrown in. If not they should give him a car until the reorder comes through!

Im waiting for a call back about the latest on mine :(

Mmmm, my first experience with Ford isn't giving me any confidence in their company. I can see why I've bought Toyotas for years but I liked the look of the new fezzer. Let me see what happens tomorrow after I kick up a storm with both Ford Motor Company and Evans Halshaw. I'm more annoyed with EH as the business manager I spoke to this evening wasn't bothered it was the wrong car. He didn't engage with me at all and carried on looking at his !Removed! computer screen. I should have gone to Polar down the road. :rolleyes:

Never buy a car from Evans Halshaw! The one in Milton Keynes is hopless! Their customer serivce is unheard of. They never give good discounts and expect to sell the car at near list price. The sales people are just there to nick our money and laugh at us.

As for the delivery of cars, it's not down to Ford it lies with your dealer as it depends how fast or slow they get it delivered to the dealership. Yes i understand all new cars now are built to order due to Ford cutting back on production, but the est delivery date should not exceed the day they agreed.

As for delivering the wrong car....well lets say it don't surprise me with that dealer network :unsure:

Edit:

If your dealer wants to turn the car handover around quickly, like mine did then they will. My fiesta got to the dealer on the 10th december 2008 and it was ready and reg'd by 11th december! very impressed :)

Edited by Mark M.K

If your dealer wants to turn the car handover around quickly, like mine did then they will. My fiesta got to the dealer on the 10th december 2008 and it was ready and reg'd by 11th december! very impressed :)

I really hope this is the case with me :(

just got word from dealer car will be delivered on Wednesday/Thursday so should have it by the 7th as agreed.

Will post pics when i get it

Spoke to my dealer and car should of been in today or 2moz. Will have it the next day after they get it!

When my dealer called yesterday he said my status was flagged in red which was an indication that it may have been delayed. I will find out tomorrow what is happening as he sent an email yesterday. has anyone had this flagging in red?

When my dealer called yesterday he said my status was flagged in red which was an indication that it may have been delayed. I will find out tomorrow what is happening as he sent an email yesterday. has anyone had this flagging in red?

My dealer just rang and said my car (that was promised to be here end of this week) hasnt even left the holding pen yet! There is an agument between ford and their drivers (over pay or something) and have no idea what is going on!

The great news is that they are giving me a car tomorrow until mine comes!!!

Hi, me again. Ford Motor Company have acknowledged my email and I've spoken to them a few times today about the interior trim. Bottom line: as the dealer accepted the car off the transporter it's the dealers problem. Charming. The dealer has said that they should have checked that the allocated car was the correct interior trim. New bottom line: they're offering some discounts which is a private matter between me and them and so I won't disclose on this forum. ;) Revised bottom line :rolleyes: : if all goes well tomorrow insofar as agreed discounts I will take the car in Fairland rather than wait for Soho. Personally, I'd have chosen Fairland if the car was for me but it's a secret gift for the wife and I don't think she'll be bothered as the rest of the car is so great looking. I was taking a punt that Soho would best suit her but it was only a guess as I couldn't have asked her. So, all being well I'll collect Thursday morning as agreed. It'll be drive off in her Micra (just off to the tip love) and drive back in the fezzer. I won't bother telling her about the Fairland / Soho saga. I'll just let her enjoy the car which is what it's all about. :)

Next action: get her to change her 'ickle bluetooth-less phone into a bluetooth one. Anyone recommend a Tesco PAYG moby that works flawlessly with the Fiesta?

Truly