Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remove The Aerial Before Using An Automatic Car Wash.

PaulR1

Hi.

My first post.

How easy is it to remove the aerial on a mk 2.5 Zetec prior to putting it through an automatic car wash.

Thanks.

They just unscrew but sometimes they get a bit stuck and need twisting with a pair of pliers at the bottom.

A bit of Vaseline on the thread before refitting will help.

yep, tell your other half a bit of lube before !Removed! (it in) helps !

yep, tell your other half a bit of lube before !Removed! (it in) helps !

Nyuk Nyuk

why would you want to use an automatic carwash ! and yes to the lube as Sal said !

why would you want to use an automatic carwash!

Agreed!!

I never used to bother on my old car, and it stayed on... This one however hasn't seen a car wash!

why would you want to use an automatic carwash ! and yes to the lube as Sal said !

Agreed!!

I never used to bother on my old car, and it stayed on... This one however hasn't seen a car wash!

I'm currently away from home, and my wife is recovering from pneumonia.

Definitely no car wash for me.

They're not very climair friendly either.

I find that automatic car washes (the drive through ones with rotating brushes) don't clear the rear screen properly

The brushes can't get under the rear spoiler, and you end up with a huge dirty section at the top of the rear window

I find that automatic car washes (the drive through ones with rotating brushes) don't clear the rear screen properly

The brushes can't get under the rear spoiler, and you end up with a huge dirty section at the top of the rear window

Thanks, good point.

Haven't used a car wash for years, this is just a temporary fix while my wife recovers from a recent illness and whilst I'm away.

Hand wash(I check the water temperature with my elbow ;)) and occasional jet is the norm

We live in the country and thanks to the farmers, most of the fields are on the road and my car :angry:.

Mud flaps will be my first mod

Polish / eastern block hand car wash will address both issues (illness and missed bits) if nt washing yourself

Polish / eastern block hand car wash will address both issues (illness and missed bits) if nt washing yourself

No thanks!

ive found a great car wash near me !

they only use auto-gleam products

u get a receipt before they start with any special cleaning instuctions from you

the boss goes over the car with you to make sure you more than happy when you collect/or when they finish if you wait

prices are a couple of quid more than the other round my way ,inside and out and finished with auto-gleam express wax, air freshener and glass polished £14 and a loyalty card so you get a free wash after 6 visits

and its in tesco so i sit in the cafe having a coffee and watch it being done while the Mrs does the shopping

u get a receipt before they start with any special cleaning instuctions from you

the boss goes over the car with you to make sure you more than happy when you collect/or when they finish if you wait

prices are a couple of quid more than the other round my way ,inside and out and finished with auto-gleam express wax, air freshener and glass polished £14 and a loyalty card so you get a free wash after 6 visits

and its in tesco so i sit in the cafe having a coffee and watch it being done while the Mrs does the shopping

Minty, sounds like you have found a decent carwash who like to look after their customers. I went to one where they were using washing up liquid, as soon as i saw it i went over and dipped my finger in the solution and straightway i knew that my car wasn going to be washed by them even though they had lots of autoglym/other branded stuff lying around. i have to do both mine and the wife's polo this weekend.

Sounds good, the ones I've seen at supermarkets have been very dodgy, washing up liquid (salt and detergent), dropped sponges used without cleaning, old water........ and the guys look as if they are sleeping rough.

Shame as its a good idea done correctly.

Sounds good, the ones I've seen at supermarkets have been very dodgy, washing up liquid (salt and detergent), dropped sponges used without cleaning, old water........ and the guys look as if they are sleeping rough.

Shame as its a good idea done correctly.

these guys are all uniformed up ,in a purpose built washing and drying/ waxing area

these guys are all uniformed up ,in a purpose built washing and drying/ waxing area

Do they have a name, maybe one in my area if its a group or similar

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club