Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

elleff

Confused Focus Owner..

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I wasn't quite sure where to post so hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction?

Recently the engine management light has lit up on my dashboard, along with the battery light, then periodically every other light too (ice warning, handbrake, abs) aswell as the message 'power steering malfunction'. At this time the steering becomes heavy and the fans start blowing. This lasts for a few seconds and then the lights go off and the steering back to normal.

Has anyone had this happen? Do I need to get the steering fluid checked or could it be an electrical fault?

My car is a Focus Titanium 2008.

Let me know what you think, or where to post this if this is the wrong place.

Thanks

Elleff

It sounds like an earthing fault.

Get an auto electrician to check the car over.

It is highly unlikley that low power steering fluid caused these faults and it is as, suggested, liable to be elecrical, low/ wrong voltages can sometimes cause malfunctions, caused by a faulty battery or alternator

Thank you guys. Since the battery light is the only one that stays on continuously I think I'll try that route first then get electrics checked straight after if it continues.

Thanks for your help