Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused Focus Owner..

elleff

Hi all,

I wasn't quite sure where to post so hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction?

Recently the engine management light has lit up on my dashboard, along with the battery light, then periodically every other light too (ice warning, handbrake, abs) aswell as the message 'power steering malfunction'. At this time the steering becomes heavy and the fans start blowing. This lasts for a few seconds and then the lights go off and the steering back to normal.

Has anyone had this happen? Do I need to get the steering fluid checked or could it be an electrical fault?

My car is a Focus Titanium 2008.

Let me know what you think, or where to post this if this is the wrong place.

Thanks

Elleff

It sounds like an earthing fault.

Get an auto electrician to check the car over.

It is highly unlikley that low power steering fluid caused these faults and it is as, suggested, liable to be elecrical, low/ wrong voltages can sometimes cause malfunctions, caused by a faulty battery or alternator

Thank you guys. Since the battery light is the only one that stays on continuously I think I'll try that route first then get electrics checked straight after if it continues.

Thanks for your help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club