• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JamieGrogan

JamieGrogan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: 2006 Ford Focus Van 1.6 TDCi

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi, new member here. I drive a 2006 Ford Focus van, 1.6 TDCi engine.

Having some problems for the last 6 weeks or so. The revs dropped in the van while driving, and it eventually turned off. Similar to if the van had run out of fuel. Eventually got it going again but the problem continued. We removed one of the injectors and found that there was no diesel going to it, it was dry. We dropped the fuel tank, but found that there was no pump within the tank. So we removed the high pressure pump and replaced it with another one. That worked for a day before the car stopped driving again. Then it would drive for a while and stop.

Then, after a week or so of driving perfectly, we put it on a diagnostics machine to clear an earlier fault (under boosting turbo). But when it came back from the main dealer's garage it stopped driving again. We then decided the problem must be the injectors, so we replaced all 4 of them and replaced the map air sensor while we were at it. But the problem still isn't solved. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or knows of any other solutions. Maybe it's an electrical fault which is stopping the injectors from operating? Any help would be greatly appreciated as the cost & time period of the job are constantly getting bigger.

Thanks in advance,
Jamie.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Fuel filter, High pressure pump and Low pressure pump (I think this engine has a LP pump)

My old 1.8 had the HP pump break up, and send metal thru the injectors and fuel system... resulting in limp mode every time you booted it!

Id say flush the system, replace the filters, and check the filter housing for metal filings... If there is, you need to hope that the new injectors you have put in aren't cooked!!

It could also be as simple as a slightly blocked fuel line, air in the lines... so many things!!

#3 JamieGrogan

JamieGrogan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: 2006 Ford Focus Van 1.6 TDCi

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

I think it's more than a blockage in the lines, because at one point it drove for a week before it stopped.
You could be right, though, we literally have no idea anymore. We're hoping it may be an electrical fault. At least then we know what to replace.

Thanks a million for your reply, I relly appreciate it!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuel, diesel, focus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users