Do Not Sell My Personal Information

spare for smax with 18" y spoke & tpms

davesy

Hi. Can anyone advise of any pitfalls on obtaining a full size spare to use, instead of the can of gunk. My 07 s-max 2.5t with 'x' pack option also has the TPMS system fitted and I do not know how this would be affected when diy changing a wheel. I dont mind keeping a full size alloy spare instead of a steel or spacesaver if this deals with the TPMS system better. any help would be appreciated as am planning avery long trip from th UK to the Algarve. Thanks.

as long as the spare has a tpms fitted i think the ecu would relearn the pressure the same as when new tyres are fitted but check with ford first

• 1 month later...

It will work all you have to do is give it a 5-10 min drive @ a constant 40mph ish and the system will relearn it's self, if you have it displayed via you info display on the cluster so it shows you the pressures the out of pressure one should show up as a blank bar...this will change to the correct reading after the short drive.

The other way is to input the tyre pressure sensor code/number via an IDS unit @ a Ford dealer.

Or alternatively just leave it and just make sure its @ the correct pressure before fitting it...this will not harm or damage the system.

hope this helps...not bad for my first post if i say myself :rolleyes:

It will work all you have to do is give it a 5-10 min drive @ a constant 40mph ish and the system will relearn it's self, if you have it displayed via you info display on the cluster so it shows you the pressures the out of pressure one should show up as a blank bar...this will change to the correct reading after the short drive.

The other way is to input the tyre pressure sensor code/number via an IDS unit @ a Ford dealer.

Or alternatively just leave it and just make sure its @ the correct pressure before fitting it...this will not harm or damage the system.

hope this helps...not bad for my first post if i say myself :rolleyes:

Hi Thanks for all the replies.

I have now sourced a full size alloy rim to take on my trip. I have had two new tyres put on the front and salvaged one of the tyres to put on the spare alloy rim. The tyre people said, that if needed, I could put the spare on, but it will not have a tpms sensor, so the display should just show it as a blank reading.

Hi Thanks for all the replies.

I have now sourced a full size alloy rim to take on my trip. I have had two new tyres put on the front and salvaged one of the tyres to put on the spare alloy rim. The tyre people said, that if needed, I could put the spare on, but it will not have a tpms sensor, so the display should just show it as a blank reading.

Cool no problem, have a safe trip.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club