Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Pagdin

Flashing Glow Plug Light

30 posts in this topic

So, I removed the EGR valve and cleaned it. After I fitted it back on I took her out for a spin and would you believe it she was running like a dream!! However later on i went to go out again and there it was...............flashing glow plug light and loss of power. New valve it is then :(

Update, the valve woke up and started working so up until this morning was running like a dream. Unfortunately shes firing but dying straight away so I hope its the valve stuck open or something. Im gonna order a blanking plate and see how that goes, Ive ordered a code reader too. I though keeping it as cheap and easy as possible to start with is the best option. Hope its not the injectors!!!!

EGR Valve arrived today. Fitted and running in twenty minutes. Jobs a good 'un.

New maf did this stop the Glow plug light flashing? I blanked my egr last week all good but now my glow plug light flashed at me stopped the car restarted and it had gone

Mine was flashing, then it stopped when i changed the valve. As for the engine management light my new cheapo ebay special reader reset it for me straight away..............better than extortionate garage prices