Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Light Recommendations

k13r4n

Hey gforce noticed your signature says you have bi-xenon headlights and wanted to ask if they are auto leveling and do you have washers as well

So did you go ahead and cut the hole to size and that mate and then just place your pad over the top of it? I hadn't really thought about a hole for the wiring, but was thinking could maybe just drill one small hole that would be covered by the pad anyway? Would save the cutting part if that's what's putting Aldoo off.

I don't have a dremel (yet!) but pretty sure I have a template for the hole made up already as I fitted these as OEM style rear footwells on either side of the centre console in my Mondeo. Got a pair of them from a couple of old fiesta boot lights in a local scrappies for £2 with bulb holders and wire, so might go back to see if he's any left.

http://talkford.com/..._527_145069.jpg

Yes mate I cut a hole the same size as the existing boot light hole, simply because if I ever wish to revert back to the standard boot light with the lens cover, I could buy an extra a cover for the second boot light too so it would look OEM

But yes as you say, you could simply drill a small hole for the wire.

Must say though, you don't need a drill or a dremel. I simply cut my hole with a stanley blade. Really easy.

That's good to know then. Was just thinking about a dremel as I've a few little jobs to do at the min that it would come in handy for. Does everyone swear by Dremel by the way? Have heard other makes are a waste of time/money, but didn't think these minor tasks would be too much of a problem. Seen a decent looking Draper with a load of accessories on amazon for £20 delivered.

Lining up parts at the minute so I think next weekend I'll set aside a few hours on Sunday to spend a bit of time on the car and do...

twin reverse light mod (was thinking of dremel for this mainly to cut the bulb holder off a spare unit and cut the hole in my LHD unit), twin boot light, rear 12V socket, and maybe my RS spoiler, even just for a trial run!

Kieran, as for my bi-xenons...I don't have washer jets, and to be honest, I'm sunsure about levelling sensors! I had adaptive projectors as standard, and picked up a set of black xenons. Plugged them in and they work spot on. When I first turn on the headlights the beams move up and down, and when I turn the steering wheel, they move up and down also when cornering, whereas the adaptive halogens moved from side to side.

I didn't fancy any hassle at MOT so just swapped them back, but much prefer the light off the xenons so have got them back in straight away. I think as they're genuine units and emit a crisp white rather than blue, they'll not attract any unwanted attention, and I mustn't be blinding oncomers as nobody flashes me. I regularly give the lenses a wipe before heading off in the dark, so the way I see it (no pun intended!), I have better, brighter, (safer,) lights that aren't doing anyone else any harm.

Of course the other reason I have them in without the proper washer set-up etc is cos I'm bad-!Removed!.

Haha, I know mate! Think I might be out of his jurisdiction so should be safe enough!

EDIT: What are the odds of me getting pulled tomorrow after posting that?!

Haha, I know mate! Think I might be out of his jurisdiction so should be safe enough!

EDIT: What are the odds of me getting pulled tomorrow after posting that?!

Let's hope you don't have any bad karma

Ha yes just don't let Clive catch you

I don't give a Monkeys at the moment, I'm chilling on holiday. ;)

The only thing that's missing from your set up is the washers and tbh hardly any officer other than traffic units would really know the nitty gritty of headlight regs.

Traffic officers get all tingly reading their little regs books but I'd probably find it all a bit retentive.

It's not me you have to worry about, it's the white top mafia. :D

It's not me you have to worry about, it's the white top mafia. :D

If I joined the police that's what I want to do and up in Aberdeen the shot of a Audi rs6 estate a BMW or a range rover looks really renting or I could just fit some blue LEDs on my car as all the undercover/cid cars here are focis

Used to drive an unmarked BMW X5 when I was armed response and it was fun pulling in front of some !Removed! and flashing the hidden blues.

You could almost hear their buttocks slamming shut :P.

Fun until I stacked it into a hedgerow and a barbed wire fence on a country road at 60 due to mud on the corner.

The chief super loved me after that (not!), well it was only 6 months old.

Oh not good a woman tore past me in a twenty undetaking me looks over to which I was already watching het passing then I pulled in behind her she pulled over so I pulled round and carried on was in buckles

for footwells I tried some LEDS but wasn't impressed. Just received http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310466634769, fitted & happy.

Red illuminated ignition barrel ordered from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221150032476 (£13.00 accepted as an offer rather than the list £15.99) :)

for footwells I tried some LEDS but wasn't impressed. Just received http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310466634769, fitted & happy.

Red illuminated ignition barrel ordered from http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221150032476 (£13.00 accepted as an offer rather than the list £15.99) :)

I would do the ignition barrel but I am much too cool for one and have a power start button instead

I would do the ignition barrel but I am much too cool for one and have a power start button instead

Be like that then! Snob :D

I wonder if the Focus is as easy to steal as BMWs with a similar system ... :P

I don't think so mate. It's hard enough to get it started with the key!! the amount of times I have got in pressed the start button and it comes up key not detected!!!

Ok maybe I'm not that cool then I just think its a cool feature and I stay in a rougher area of Aberdeen so if it gets stolen it will prob be found round the corner bailing through a pensioners house or something but I'm thinking on getting a tracker so if (touch wood it won't) be stolen it can be tracked to be recovered

A tracker is a very good idea.

The fitting and service contract aren't cheap but what price can you put on peace of mind?

Yeah I have been thinking on a tracker but hey if it's stolen I get a new car out of it I know this is probably not the correct out look to have but I have been looking into a tracker and I can't afford the price they charge for then so if its stolen I can go treat myself

• 1 year later...

I know, what you do is take your bulb out n plug one of these in instead. It comes with an adapter so it plugs in the same as the bulb.

What you do is completely remove the lens cover, plug this in n it's self adhesive so stick it over the hole in place of the cover.

You'll get this effect:

DSCN0830.jpg

I just bought a led pad for the fez in blue can't wait to get it already