Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2.5 / Playing Music Via Bluetooth (Iphone).

RCB

Hello,

My first post after following the forum for a little while. Impressed with all the information available.

I was wondering if any of you chaps are playing music/media via bluetooth with an iPhone 4?

If it is possible, how did you go about it? Would be great to hear a step-by-step list of how to get it working.

I've got my phone sync'd and working perfectly for calls and was just wondering if it is possible to get music on my phone to play via bluetooth.

I did search the forum but this yieled no results (that I could see).

Ford Focus 59 plate Zetec S - Standard 6000 stereo. Aux In but no USB. iPhone 4.

Many thanks.

It's posible to stream music through bluetooth. If you don't have the latest firmware you might not have that option. If not then you can update it with a USB pen drive and then you will have that option when you press the USB/CD option.

not too sure how to go about doing that as i dont have bluetooth in my car, but i have taken a cable from the aux port in the glove box through the insides of the car and out into the arm rest compartment where i plug my iphone5.

so you dont have an unsightly aux lead drapped across the front of your car.

i think if you connect your phone to your car using bluetooth you may stil need to use your phone to change tracks, as you do with the aux lead. you can only use the headunit to change tracks when you connect via usb, i think?

so if you have no joy you can always use this method...also this way when i have an incoming call the music stops and the callers voice comes out over the stereo...

hope this is of use

oh and welcome lol

I too would be interested in this.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Cheers mate. Here's hoping we solve the mystery!

It's posible to stream music through bluetooth. If you don't have the latest firmware you might not have that option. If not then you can update it with a USB pen drive and then you will have that option when you press the USB/CD option.

I've only the 3.5 jack Aux input... no USB in my car.

not too sure how to go about doing that as i dont have bluetooth in my car, but i have taken a cable from the aux port in the glove box through the insides of the car and out into the arm rest compartment where i plug my iphone5.

so you dont have an unsightly aux lead drapped across the front of your car.

i think if you connect your phone to your car using bluetooth you may stil need to use your phone to change tracks, as you do with the aux lead. you can only use the headunit to change tracks when you connect via usb, i think?

so if you have no joy you can always use this method...also this way when i have an incoming call the music stops and the callers voice comes out over the stereo...

hope this is of use

oh and welcome lol

Cheers mate. Yeah, that's the thing, i've played music via the Aux which is situated in the glove box. Just ended up being a massive pain, stretching to change tracks via the phone, stuff falling out of the glove box. I put thought into re-routing the Aux cable round the back of the dash and maybe bringing it out neatly to the left of the gear stick for ease of use in conjuntion with a phone mount (just purchased a Brodit side dash mount and clip).

But thought i'd ask about bluetooth first. To see if it's possible, and if so, what the sound quality is like. I don't mind about having to change tracks via the phone as with the Brodit it'll be well within reach and stable.

If it turns out not possible, the car is due a service/MOT next month, so will take it to Ford and ask them about it and any software updates that the car would be needing to get this function working.

Still open for any information from fellow members here. Anyone with a Focus (without USB option) got it working? Would appreciate your help. Cheers.

I've got the Blaupunkt Satnav unit in mine and when my 3gs is paired up via bluetooth it automatically plays the music from the phone when I press the Auxiliary button on the unit.

I've experienced 3 different Ford stereos recently, the one in my MK3 Focus that has USB which can stream bluetooth audio from my iPhone 4, and two Mk7 Fiestas - crucially, one with USB and one without. The one without cannot stream via bluetooth.

I believe the same theory applies in this case I'm afraid.

Surely the audio handbook should cover A2DP settings and functions?

Either that or check your phone settings for A2DP set up?

I've experienced 3 different Ford stereos recently, the one in my MK3 Focus that has USB which can stream bluetooth audio from my iPhone 4, and two Mk7 Fiestas - crucially, one with USB and one without. The one without cannot stream via bluetooth.

I believe the same theory applies in this case I'm afraid.

Surely the audio handbook should cover A2DP settings and functions?

Either that or check your phone settings for A2DP set up?

Cheers lads. Had a feeling that (Jimrex's point) would be the case.

And yes Stoney. There is a booklet which i have browsed but it doesn't say much other than highlight a website address (which also doesn't solve the mystery).

I will ask at a Ford dealer. See if they are able to apply updates to a non-USB car.

Shouldn't be too difficult for them to sort....

Shouldn't be too difficult for them to sort....

Bwahhhhaaaaahahaha!!!

Welcome to Earth :P