Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Head Gasket Gone

baz33

im new on here and joined so i could get some advice about my car, i have a ford KA x reg, i bought it 3 days ago, all seemed well untill driving it home the next day along the motor way at 70 mph, and it started loosing power, heaters went cold, i pulled of the motor way, and the engine cut out and steam was coming from everywhere, manage to restart it, ive been told by AA recovery that my head gasket had gone, car now starts but misfires at low revs and steams pouring out the exaust and steam coming out of the engine block somehwere, and thats from a cold enine. cant afford for a garage to repair this car, i have basic motor skills, what doyou recomened i should do? should i just change the head gasket and a second hand head, or should i just change the engine? there may be a chance there has been damage to the botom end of the engine and have concerns its been over heated before by previous owner, this must have been and ongoing problem. which i didnt notice when purchasing the car. and im concerned about how much steam is coming from the car.. any advice would be welcomed thank you

If you bought it from a garage or a dealer them you'll have a warranty of some sorts on it, if it was a private sale then take it back to them and shove it up their bum

Its an Endura E engine and as it an overhead valve version should be easy to do the head gasket.

sounds like the best way of solving your problem is to get rid of the car.

did you not give the car a good hard run (test drive) prior to purchase m8..

the cost of splitting the head etc is not really worth doing on such an old car to be honest.

put it down to experience & move on from it m8.. sorry to be so blunt

i did contact the dealer he sadno worranty becouse we did a swop on cars i need some thimg ceaper to insure i did drive the car it seemed fine no usual head gasket signs think thay was wipeing any gunk off dipstick and filler cap water bottle was full of clean coolant gess i just didnt get it hot enough .i dont think it is an an endura e as its got the black rocker cover is this even the correct engine in the car for x reg ? black rocker cover type is a push rod type engine is that correct ? are you guys saying i should scrap car and get anther one ? becouse i dont no car well i dont no what the bottem end is like is it to much of a risk to do head gasket or would it be better to get second hand engine i cant aford to pay a garage to do the work im sure i can do a head gasket but not confident in changeing engine iv asked about i can engine fitted for £200 engine with 3month guarantee for £150 the car has 7 moyhs mot 3 month tax and looks clean realy dont no what to do with it cash is very short at the min thanks for replys so far :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club