Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shift Indicator Light On Metal

Kentish Man

Went for a test drive in a metal on Saturday noticed that the shift indicator light was not working. The salesman said he thought it might be disconnected on the metal, give him his due we did take another one out with the same result. Is this the case with the metal? as it is a listed item in the brochure for all fiestas.

From posts on ZSOC it would appear the Metal's one is not set for economy, it's set for performance and will come on just before redlining (6kish?)

I believe there is a shift one, but I think it is for performance rather than mpg. Take it to 6,500-6750rpm and you'll probably see it flash on the screen. - I believe I have seen it once, as I generally don't take it that high (even though the power is at 6,500). Definitely not until the engine is warm...

It's the same as the S1600. They don't come on until you hammer the car, just before the revs hit red the light comes on. It's like the ideal time to change gear as a posed to the most economical time in the other fiesta models

Thanks chaps that would make sense I had a standard Zetec S. I found out when we went down the motorway that you have got to keep the revs up, especially when overtaking.

Wonder why the Zetec S doesn't have the performance based light rather than the eco one?

Wonder why the Zetec S doesn't have the performance based light rather than the eco one?

I suppose it's because the Zetec S has the standard 1.6 engine while the metal as been tuned for more power and not eco. As I said in my test drive I found out you have to drive it hard to make it come alive. Goodness knows what the new ST will be like.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club