Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Security

Kentish Man

Having just committed to buying a good second hand metal to replace my stolen Zetec S I am thinking what to do about protecting it. I am going to get a disklock recommended by the police but am thinking of having another immobilizer fitted. Anybody got any ideas what to get or who to use. Some of these car security firms look a bit shady. Not sure if I would have a tracker fitted. Have lost faith in all this electric stuff what with the key less start problems etc.

Just get a thatchcam cat 1 alarm, which have tilt & proximity sensors, they're a bit pricy at £400 fitted, could go to cheaper places but they look shifty like you say, I had one fitted on mine and would recommend. If anything just for the peace of mind

If your original car was stolen from outside your house, have you also thought about a cheapish CCTV camera? We bought one after my Fiesta was keyed on the driveway and they do give peace of mind that you can catch someone in the act. Guess it also works as a visible deterent to any lurking scum!

If your original car was stolen from outside your house, have you also thought about a cheapish CCTV camera? We bought one after my Fiesta was keyed on the driveway and they do give peace of mind that you can catch someone in the act. Guess it also works as a visible deterent to any lurking scum!

That's the problem I live in a ground floor appartment, my parking place is a good distance from the entrance. There are security lights but that did not stop them taking it. Someone suggested getting one of those security posts fitted, I am waiting to see if I am allowed to do that.

I was going to suggest a post as well! It would be a pain for someone to try to remove that, or to remove it without making any noise at least :)

Just rang a builder friend of mine to see about having a post fitted. He saw the watchdog program about the key less cars and said the best thing to do was get one of those diskloks that cover the steering wheel, that's what the police recomended. He said that the posts are only as good as the padlocks, and if the car was targeted he did not think that would stop them. I suppose I will do that and get gap insurance and hope it does not happend again.

When I bought my car the first thing I did was get a disklok. Didn't think anyone used them anymore. But it's on me steering wheel every night.

Have a mooch on eBay. Think they around 90quid rrp? But I actually got mine used for £6.50 and it does the job perfectly.

I have seen the Quentin Wilson Post regarding Fiesta and Keyless entry. Now if i was in the situation this is what i would do.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/authors/quentin-wilson/car-thieves-make-a-killing-from-hi-tech-1142902

I would buy a 16 pin male and female connector , i would then cut the OBD port off , i would write the wiring sequence down and then mix that sequence and solder the Female side to the existing wiring in a new order , i would then wire the Male side to match the Female side order.

I would then keep the modified OBD port away from the car and only re-connect it for servicing etc.

Theres no way they are going to guess your wiring sequence and wire an OBD port into the car.

That's a bloomin' good idea Pree! :)

I have heard of a company that produces a device which stops the OBD port being functional unless needed by the garage, I'll see if I can find out some more info...

That's a bloomin' good idea Pree! :)

I have heard of a company that produces a device which stops the OBD port being functional unless needed by the garage, I'll see if I can find out some more info...

I have seen a device that encloses the OBD port , but i would imagine it could be smashed. Rewiring it would mean they would need to spend ages trying to get the wiring correct before they could connect to the ECU.I'm sure just the fact of the not finding the OBD would send them else where.

Theres probably another way to really P*** them off , place a switch reversing the battery Feed pin 16 to the negative signal on the OBD , yummy send a 12v spike into their VCM and laptop :).

Just found one of these i'm going to order one.

Lmao that's !Removed! brilliant

Seen the 'trilogy' with 4 parts?

Yes i have watched it lmao

lol i like the chaperon bit. the car security bits the best though