Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re-Enabling Automatic Relocking On Mk2.5 1.6 Zetec 2010

blackfive

I've recently got a Focus Mk2.5 1.6 Zetec (10 plate 2010). When I first got the car the doors could be unlocked with the key fob and if a door wasn't opened within 45secs it would automatically relock.

However the doors now don't automatically relock at all and, as far as I can see, there's nothing in the car's manual stating how to remove this feature or re-enable this useful feature. All it states is that this feature will function but not if the key is in the interior of the car.

It stopped working after I'd been testing a spart keey without a remote control and opening and closing the door manually. After this the automatic relocking has failed to work so must have inadvertently gone through a sequence to disable the automatic relocking.

I would therefore be grateful if anyone could inform me of the sequence I need to follow to re-enable the automatic relocking when the doors have been shut for more than 45secs.

I don't know if theres a sequence to re-activate it, or how you managed to de-activate it.

But I do know it can be enabled with ELM

My car didn't come with it already activated, but I activated it myself by hooking the car up to my laptop with an ELM327 cable and used the ELM software.

Theres that many features ford left turned off.

Have a mooch in the focus guides section and you'll find the guide on ELM

+1

The elm327 will allow you to re-activate this feature and many others.

+1

The elm327 will allow you to re-activate this feature and many others.

Where can I get a genuine version of the ELM327??. I've read a lot about cloned imports that are just naf.

Where can I get a genuine version of the ELM327??. I've read a lot about cloned imports that are just naf.

Ebays good, or there was a member selling them ready modified for 25quid which is a good deal really. Dunno if he's still getting them though

PM Willy regarding purchase of a modified Elm327 to operate with the ElmConfig ford diagnostic software.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/user/5052-willy/

I don't know if theres a sequence to re-activate it, or how you managed to de-activate it.

But I do know it can be enabled with ELM

My car didn't come with it already activated, but I activated it myself by hooking the car up to my laptop with an ELM327 cable and used the ELM software.

Theres that many features ford left turned off.

Have a mooch in the focus guides section and you'll find the guide on ELM

Many thanks I had a look at the guides you mentioned and the screen grabs of the software with the translatons.

Unfortunately, and please do correct me if I'm incorrect, I didn't notice any feature that would enable or disable the automatic relocking.

There was a section for auto locking but that's completely different to automatic relocking in that auto locking is where the doors lock after moving off and attaining a certain set speed whereas automatic relocking is where it locks all the doors when the vehicle has been stood for 45secs with all doors shut and the ignition turned off or none of the doors are opened within 45secs of unlocking with the remote fob.

ELMConfig

Modules

Gem

Page 2

Automatic relocking , untick and send write config , and then tick and write config.

If it's not ticked already then just tick and write config.

Remember to always backup first.

This automatic relocking appeared on my vehicle after I enabled automatic locking - at least, I had not noticed it before.

tommy1 - don't know about naf cloned imports - I paid £5.98 for mine and the only problems I had were self-inflicted - if you are prepared to wait for delivery a similar one is now available for £6.20. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V1-5-ELM327-OBD2g-OBDII-CAN-BUS-Auto-Dianostic-USB-Interface-Code-Scanner-Reader-/271059163253?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3f1c629875

That wasn't a bad price to enable instant fuel and automatic locking which is all I wanted to do

Many thanks I had a look at the guides you mentioned and the screen grabs of the software with the translatons.

Unfortunately, and please do correct me if I'm incorrect, I didn't notice any feature that would enable or disable the automatic relocking.

There was a section for auto locking but that's completely different to automatic relocking in that auto locking is where the doors lock after moving off and attaining a certain set speed whereas automatic relocking is where it locks all the doors when the vehicle has been stood for 45secs with all doors shut and the ignition turned off or none of the doors are opened within 45secs of unlocking with the remote fob.

I can confirm you are incorrect ;)

Yes theres the autolocking option, but there is an auto-relocking option too. I believe it's on the second page to the page you would of seen a screen shot of. I know it works because I activated it myself.

I actually turned it back off because I found it annoying lol. I unlocked my car so that i could open the bonnet without setting the alarm off. Was doing some work under the bonnet, n like you said the car kept autorelocking itself after 45seconds which was annoying when i kept having to get things from in the car while under the bonnet n kept having to unlock it lol.

But yeah you can activate auto locking as well as auto relocking.

Also, the translated screen shots you've seen are of the first very outdated elm software. Sinse then, english versions have been created so there is no nees to translate or configure it with putty files etc.

If you look around the last few pages of the elm guide you should find a download link to the english version.

This automatic relocking appeared on my vehicle after I enabled automatic locking - at least, I had not noticed it before.

tommy1 - don't know about naf cloned imports - I paid £5.98 for mine and the only problems I had were self-inflicted - if you are prepared to wait for delivery a similar one is now available for £6.20. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V1-5-ELM327-OBD2g-OBDII-CAN-BUS-Auto-Dianostic-USB-Interface-Code-Scanner-Reader-/271059163253?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3f1c629875

That wasn't a bad price to enable instant fuel and automatic locking which is all I wanted to do

Does this scanner need to be modified, or is it 'plug and play'? I'm interested in activating some of the hidden features.

depends what you want to activate. i know things like instant fuel readout doesn't require modifying.

but yes for a lot of things it will need rewiring.

ELMConfig

Modules

Gem

Page 2

Automatic relocking , untick and send write config , and then tick and write config.

If it's not ticked already then just tick and write config.

Remember to always backup first.

sorry preee hadn't seen you'd commented. i was just coming on computer now to say the same thing you did lol

sorry preee hadn't seen you'd commented. i was just coming on computer now to say the same thing you did lol

lol No problem

tommy1 - don't know about naf cloned imports - I paid £5.98 for mine and the only problems I had were self-inflicted - if you are prepared to wait for delivery a similar one is now available for £6.20. http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f1c629875

Thanks for this posting Stan as it got me thinking that if the automatic relocking is also enabled when the auto locking is enabled (the latter I don't think fitted to my car) then I could search for a sequence to enable the auto locking and it may then enable the automatic relocking I have.

Success! I actually found a sequence to do this process without the need for the ELM327 and for anyone interested you do the following;

Get into car and close all doors.

Insert key into ignition.

Turn ignition on.

Operate drivers door lock switch on (lock) and off (unlock) three times.

Turn ignition off.

Turn ignition on.

Operate drivers door lock switch just once.

The automatic relocking (also auto locking if fitted) is now enabled/disabled.

After the above sequence you then need to exit the car and lock it using the remote fob, then unlock it and see if the automatic relocking is functioning/disabled.

A tip is not to do this too fast to enable the soloniods to charge up between operations or you may find that the locks won't operate until had a while to recover.

To be fair, blackfve, I did say it was something I had not noticed before, and I don't think auto locking with the ELM had anything to do with it, as it has been pointed out there is a specific box to tick if you go far enough

Anyway, glad you're sorted

To be fair, blackfve, I did say it was something I had not noticed before, and I don't think auto locking with the ELM had anything to do with it, as it has been pointed out there is a specific box to tick if you go far enough

Anyway, glad you're sorted

It just got my grey matter thinking when it was suggested both would be activated. However my car only has the automatic relocking and by the time it was built I believe Ford had dropped the auto locking.

Now that another poster has indicated that the latest elmconfig is available as an English version I've now downloaded the program in readiness for a future purchase of the ELM as this looks to be very useful indeed if rewired as described via a miniature DPDT switch for the two modes.

Interestingly though I believe any sequences such as these should be in the car manual or am I being cynical thinking it'll then deprive the dealerships of some income? I'd also like to see the parts diagrams online but that's another topic.

Just to confirm further;

Here's where you activate the auto re-locking:

ell.jpg

And here's where you set the time you want it to auto re-lock after:

elm-1.jpg

Thanks for this posting Stan as it got me thinking that if the automatic relocking is also enabled when the auto locking is enabled (the latter I don't think fitted to my car) then I could search for a sequence to enable the auto locking and it may then enable the automatic relocking I have.

Success! I actually found a sequence to do this process without the need for the ELM327 and for anyone interested you do the following;

Get into car and close all doors.

Insert key into ignition.

Turn ignition on.

Turn ignition off.

Turn ignition on.

Operate drivers door lock switch just once.

The automatic relocking (also auto locking if fitted) is now enabled/disabled.

After the above sequence you then need to exit the car and lock it using the remote fob, then unlock it and see if the automatic relocking is functioning/disabled.

A tip is not to do this too fast to enable the soloniods to charge up between operations or you may find that the locks won't operate until had a while to recover.

This was a good find indeed.

But to be fair, if you have access to an ELM327 cable, it's actually a lot less hassle activating it with ELM.

It's just a case of ticking a box and clicking 'write'

Not pee'ing about with long sequences lol. But like I said if you don't have ELM, it's a good find.

This was a good find indeed.

But to be fair, if you have access to an ELM327 cable, it's actually a lot less hassle activating it with ELM.

It's just a case of ticking a box and clicking 'write'

Not pee'ing about with long sequences lol. But like I said if you don't have ELM, it's a good find.

It was a bit of a long winded fiddle but at least it worked and got it reactivated.

Many thanks for posting those screenshots and I now plan to get the ELM327 cable sometime and modify it as described. It can't be too hard if I can desolder and resolder batteries on motherboards and repair the heater resister pack on my former car. I can just pop into the local Maplin to get the DPDT switch (rocker preferred if possible) and wire as then can see what I'm getting.

Am I correct in thinking that the modification with the wiring and the switch is to access the GEM part of the program and unmodified to access the engine diagnostics?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club