#16 StanH

StanH

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 187 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 Petrol
  • Year: 2006

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

To be fair, blackfve, I did say it was something I had not noticed before, and I don't think auto locking with the ELM had anything to do with it, as it has been pointed out there is a specific box to tick if you go far enough

Anyway, glad you're sorted

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 blackfive

blackfive

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2010

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

To be fair, blackfve, I did say it was something I had not noticed before, and I don't think auto locking with the ELM had anything to do with it, as it has been pointed out there is a specific box to tick if you go far enough

Anyway, glad you're sorted

It just got my grey matter thinking when it was suggested both would be activated. However my car only has the automatic relocking and by the time it was built I believe Ford had dropped the auto locking.

Now that another poster has indicated that the latest elmconfig is available as an English version I've now downloaded the program in readiness for a future purchase of the ELM as this looks to be very useful indeed if rewired as described via a miniature DPDT switch for the two modes.

Interestingly though I believe any sequences such as these should be in the car manual or am I being cynical thinking it'll then deprive the dealerships of some income? I'd also like to see the parts diagrams online but that's another topic.

#18 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

Just to confirm further;

Here's where you activate the auto re-locking:

Posted Image

And here's where you set the time you want it to auto re-lock after:

Posted Image

#19 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for this posting Stan as it got me thinking that if the automatic relocking is also enabled when the auto locking is enabled (the latter I don't think fitted to my car) then I could search for a sequence to enable the auto locking and it may then enable the automatic relocking I have.

Success! I actually found a sequence to do this process without the need for the ELM327 and for anyone interested you do the following;

Get into car and close all doors.

Insert key into ignition.

Turn ignition on.

Operate drivers door lock switch on (lock) and off (unlock) three times.

Turn ignition off.

Operate drivers door lock switch on (lock) and off (unlock) three times.

Turn ignition on.

Operate drivers door lock switch just once.

The automatic relocking (also auto locking if fitted) is now enabled/disabled.

After the above sequence you then need to exit the car and lock it using the remote fob, then unlock it and see if the automatic relocking is functioning/disabled.

A tip is not to do this too fast to enable the soloniods to charge up between operations or you may find that the locks won't operate until had a while to recover.

This was a good find indeed.

But to be fair, if you have access to an ELM327 cable, it's actually a lot less hassle activating it with ELM.

It's just a case of ticking a box and clicking 'write'

Not pee'ing about with long sequences lol. But like I said if you don't have ELM, it's a good find.

#20 blackfive

blackfive

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk2.5 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2010

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

This was a good find indeed.

But to be fair, if you have access to an ELM327 cable, it's actually a lot less hassle activating it with ELM.

It's just a case of ticking a box and clicking 'write'

Not pee'ing about with long sequences lol. But like I said if you don't have ELM, it's a good find.

It was a bit of a long winded fiddle but at least it worked and got it reactivated.

Many thanks for posting those screenshots and I now plan to get the ELM327 cable sometime and modify it as described. It can't be too hard if I can desolder and resolder batteries on motherboards and repair the heater resister pack on my former car. I can just pop into the local Maplin to get the DPDT switch (rocker preferred if possible) and wire as then can see what I'm getting.

Am I correct in thinking that the modification with the wiring and the switch is to access the GEM part of the program and unmodified to access the engine diagnostics?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: focus, locking, relocking, automatic relocking, centrol locking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users