Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would Anyone Be Interested In A Guide For Using Their Android Phone/tablet With A Bluetooth Obd2 Adapter?

koosh34

I've been using an app called Torque for a while now and wasn't sure if it was common knowledge around these parts. I originally set it up to diagnose some engine issues (turned out to be fuel contamination in the end) but along the way found this app and now use it everyday for displaying extra info about the car while I'm driving, using my phone as a display. Noticed that some people have used a USB OBD2 adapter with a russian program called FF2, this uses the ELM327 interface too.

Lots of info and screenshots below about all the different features:

https://play.google....wl.torque&hl=en

http://torque-bhp.com/

You can buy the bluetooth adapters all over the place, I got mine from eBay. I can't remember the particular seller where I got mine from, just make sure it is v1.5 onwards e.g. http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c2adfb8e5

You can get mini versions but mine is an original full size one and fits in the OBD2 port in my focus mk2 24/7 and I never knock it.

If you already have an android phone and have it mounted in the car when you are driving, its a no-brainer.

Will put pics, more details, app config stuff etc if anybody is interested :)

Ive got it, its getting popular with people with performance cars

it has enormous potential and exellent value for money

I use that too.

It's has similar functions to a scangauge but a lot cheaper with no wiring needed.

Yes I have torque and it is exceptionally well programmed for the price.

I dont have a performance car and dont have any engine trouble codes needing erasing; I just love seeing these numbers and watching how the car is changing values, its pretty interesting

Yes I have torque and it is exceptionally well programmed for the price.

I dont have a performance car and dont have any engine trouble codes needing erasing; I just love seeing these numbers and watching how the car is changing values, its pretty interesting

Mine definately isn't a performance car either and I'm exactly the same. The big feature for me is all the MPG data you can get out (my focus doesn't have a trip computer, just the smaller odometer screen).

I'll start putting something together over the next few days in that case - you can set up "profiles" for your car which can be imported/exported so might put some together so people can download and use them.

i have it too but not got round to checking out all the features to it. i wanna play around with it when the cars being driven but i wont allow the wife to drive it so buggered.

if you could list all the functions it has and what it can show etc then this would be great.

I got this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271078325177

I actually got it for my old car, the main reason being it is nice and small and the odb port is inside the fuse box on my old renault so not much room in there. But with this being in China it took a good 3-4 weeks to arrive and by that time I had scrapped the renault and bought my focus.

Thankfully it fits perfect and is nice and small too. Also it seems to go into some sort of power saving mode when the bluetooth is disconnected, so no need to unplug it to save battery.

I tried all the weird settings in Torque, like fast connection which it says might not work with some adapters, but this one seems to handle it fine.

I've only had it a few days so I'm still figuring out the options. If anything the MPG/Trip and clock are good. I'd really like to see the air intake values and gear changes, but haven't figured out how to do that yet. I occasionally get low power and I want to know if it is related to air intake.

I went to Morrisons with my wife at the weekend, when I arrived in the car park I said to her, it cost us 65p to get here. Her response "Are you going to do this every trip!". "Yes love, yes I am". :P

Also very interested. I don't have andoid, only iPhone tho.

Didn't realise they had them wireless these days. Very clever.

• 1 year later...

Enyone tryed ODB bluetooth on Mk1? I have a 1.8 TDCi 115 version and as i read on Tourqe forum the Mk1 diesel needs SAE J1850 PWM protocol to comunicate with the ODB. There where some mods on bluetooth version of ODB2 adapter but not on the cheap chinese blue version. Has enyone secceded to connect mk1 diesel with bluetooth adapter?

Link to post the mod:

http://torque-bhp.com/forums/?wpforumaction=viewtopic&t=1710.1