Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta St500 Knocking Noise

calmcdermott

My car has started to make a knocking noise over small bumps, when I go over speed bumps as in with just up and down motion it's fine but when over bumps in the road the noise is there!

I don't know whether its the pads, anti roll bar or drop links, what would be the most obvious thing?

I had a knocking noise my exhaust was hanging from the manifold though when I had my feesty check it's not that otherwise I would suggest it's one of your above listed possibilities

Ok tar, my dad had a crawl under the car and checked the exhaust but no knocking there....

Also I forgot to add, do all ST's sound like they're exhaust is blowing in the middle?

I had that and it turned out to be my wheel bearing

Ergh hope not, il have to take it to a garage on Saturday, still under warranty though

Obviously mines just a base model fiesta so im guessing the st500 would have better quality wheel bearings lol

Well I was thinking with the wheel bearings there would be like a whirring noise as if they were waring out and when there's no bumps I'd fine :/ I'm taking it to a garage tomorrow

I didnt get any whirring noise but I found when I stopped one time that I was getting a kindve burning smell coming from my boot and it was because the wheel was rubbing