Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

fordson

Mondeo Mk 3 New Key Fobs

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I need a new 3 button keyfob to use as a spare key, what is the cheapest route to get one other than dealers, I have the original, but can't afford ford prices.

Thanks.

if you only want a fob to open doors/boot then ebay do them for £10 to £12 then program your fob by turning you key to ignition point ii, 3 times.

press both fobs to program your fob.

a quick google search will show what i said above for programming your key

Search the internet for Mirez.

There's a fair bit of info on mondeo keys there.

Hi , many thanks for reply, I need second key to do the same as original, i.e open doors and start car. I am a lttle confused ,can I buy cheap key off ebay , £30, and then program as Mirez instructions using original key fob to program second key totally.

Sorry for being thick but confused.

You need two working keys to programme any more yourself, if you only have one key then i'm afraid that it's a case of hunting round for someone that can programme it through to OBD socket, or having the chip in your working key "Cloned"

As for the remote, thats all too easy, turn the ignition from 0 to ll 4 times in 6 seconds, then press a button on the remote, wait for the led to stop flashing, then repeat with any other remotes you have, once finished turn the ignition to ll to exit the learning mode, and try the remotes, (Up to 4 remotes can be programmed)