Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Advice

Mike77

I've heard 'Zenec' mentioned a few times now and came across this recently if anyone's interested...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zenec-NC3810-GPS-Receiver-Focus-ST-Mondeo-S-Max-2007-2009-iPod-Sat-nav-USB-/271111670610?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3f1f83cb52

About a year old but half the price of a new one.

Hi there, im new to this forum and this is my 1st post, I need help with my sat nav/ tv/ dvd

Ford car system please.

I have one of these

http://www.car-vision.co.uk/ford-navi-dvd/186-ford-replacement-head-unit-with-built-in-dvd-gps-bluetooth.html

And the sat nav suddenly stopped working after the digital swithover scheme, does the gps connector get effected by the aerial?

Or

Does the sd card need updating?

Many thanks look forward to ur reply

Hi there, I'm no expert on this, but I wouldn't have thought it would be the aerial, as ppl didn't need to change their house ones to receive freeview digital reception. Maybe needs an update like you stated. Hope someone with more experience can point you in the right direction.

Hi there again Brigante,,, could you tell me how long it took for your camera to arrive ??? Looking at the same clear one you linked for me, but some of the feedback about comms and time taken to arrive are kinda putting me off ? But on the other hand, I really want the fitted one, so I don't have to start messing round finding somewhere to put it. Gone off the idea of a wireless one, as Ive asked a few questions to sellers about them, most are showing a 10m 'no barrier' range, and with the recievers being stashed away in the tailgate and behind the headunit, im unsure weather the reception/pickup will be strong enough. Sellers aren't exactly filling me with confidence with their replys, so think i'll opt for a wired version, and route it through the car. Any info helpful as im going to have to get a wriggle on with the ordering so it will be here for Christmas. Cheers mate.

Hi mate

It did take a little longer than stated yes and the seller didn't seem that helpful when asked about the delay.

It states on the listing, delivery to the UK will be 10-18 days.

On the 20th day, we contacted the seller. They're reply was 'Delivery can take 10-18 days. Please wait more days'

When it had already been more days longer than stated but they was talking like it hadn't been the 18 days yet.

I think it then turned up about a day or 2 later. So it took about 22days in total. Which is long considering I've ordered things from china before which have turned up in about 9 days.

But then I've had things turn up after a month so even longer than 22days.

All I can say is, if like me you would rather have the clear one to look nicer and as realistic to a licence plate light as possible, over the black plastic one, don't let the possibility of taking a few days longer to arrive put you off.

Point is, it will turn up. Be it a few days late, you'll get it so it'll be worth it. Never no, you may get lucky n the post be really good n it turn up in 10 days.

If you are in a rush for it, n don't mind sacrificing the nicer look of the clear unit, I've found this for you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170-HD-color-CMOS-Car-rear-view-camera-backup-camera-for-Ford-Focus-Hatchback-/281019240270?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item416e0d4f4e&_uhb=1

It's a black plastic one, but it's UK stock so according to the listing you'll have it in 2 days.

I did see this at the time of ordering mine, but I proffered the look of the clear one, and I can not find any UK sellers of it so I sacrificed waiting a bit longer so that I could have the nicer one.

Changed me mind again now, im gonna go for the euro number plate one you linked, its from this country, and I already have them on the car, so will take the rear one off and fit the camera One in its place lol. I'll get there in the end :-)

Lol fair play mate

The one about 40quid? Position wise i reckon the camera will be in the best place cause it'll be in the middle.

Where as with my number plate light camera it'll be slightly to one side n not centered.

This doesnt really bother me though as I used to work in a car manurfacturing plant, n when the cameras was factory fitted, they was fitted to one side anyway, not built into the light but next to it.

Will you be alright drilling a little hole in your boot lid to route the wire inside from the plate holder?

Hell yeah m8, dewalt at the ready. I'm a bit ocd with stuff like that so it'll be right. Won't really matter where it goes on the back like you said, most give a good wide angle. The only thing that put me off the reg light one is my ocd,,, I'm thinking, once fitted, one reg light will be brighter than the other, and think it will be a struggle to get them to match, and I couldn't live with that haha, that's how bad I am. And the delivery from China was a put off too lol.

Its a bit pricey but for UK stock and quick delivery FlyAudio do a clear reverse camera in HD

http://www.flyaudio.co.uk/ford-rear-view-camera/26-ford-focus-reverse-camera.html

They also have some OEM shape sat nav replacement headunits, but then agian very pricey

That camera you linked is the wrong shape mate

Might be just the wrong pic used in the ad or something. They have this one as well, which looks closer to the required shape, but I'd say a quick call to them would clarify.

http://www.flyaudio.co.uk/ford-rear-view-camera/25-ford-focus-estate-2008-09-reverse-camera.html

Yup thats the one mate same as mine. I think depending what ford you got the number plate light will be different.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club