Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide: Wiper Blade Change Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5

Lenny

Hi all,

Here is a guide to show how quick and easy it is to change the Wiper Blades on your ford.

This guide is now available to download in pdf format making it easy to print and follow see link to download:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/62616-guide-focus-mk2-mk25-wiper-blade-change-pdf/

I have purchased my replacement wipers from a perticular company on eBay but i refuse to recommend them to others because they sent me somebody elses order along with my own, me being an honest person i notified them of their error and made arrangments with the company to return the items providing the cover the cost of return postage.

I retuned the parcel via tracked mail, the company has confirmed reciept of the parcel but have not paid me postage.

So if purchasing your wipers on eBay,

And the Company your buying from has "Clear" in the name then stay clear of that seller lol

Anyways on with the guide.

I purchased model specific Bosh ultra flat blade wipers, the front wipers come supplied as a pair

And the rear comes specific too.

Please see images below for the Bosh wiper codes to suit the focus 2005-2010

IMG_20121123_095546.jpg

IMG_20121123_095501.jpg

For the purpose of changing the wipers,

I stopped the car with the wiper arms in mid cycle position.

IMG_20121123_095934.jpg

IMG_20121123_094912.jpg

Lift the wiper arm from the windscreen

IMG_20121123_094643.jpg

Rotate the wiper blade to look like a smile shape thus clearing the blade from the stop plate

IMG_20121123_095020.jpg

IMG_20121123_095111.jpg

Gently slide the wiper out sideways towards the drivers side wing mirror

IMG_20121123_095231.jpg

IMG_20121123_095319.jpg

Dispose of old wiper in Recylce Waste and unpackage the new wipers.

The longer wiper fits to the drivers side and the smaller wiper to the passenger side.

Line up the hole on the new wiper and gently slide in to place then flap wiper downwards and replace wiper arm down on to the windscreen,

Repeat steps on the passenger side then continue to the rear if required depending on hatch/saloon model.

IMG_20121123_095736.jpg

IMG_20121123_095111.jpg

IMG_20121123_094912.jpg

IMG_20121123_094541.jpg

For those who have a hatch back model.

IMG_20121123_100211.jpg

Gently lift wiper arm from the rear window

IMG_20121123_100115.jpg

When elevated from the rear window,

Gently move the bottom of the wiper outwards to create an overall T shape

IMG_20121123_100726.jpg

Then grip the head of the wiper arm in one hand,

And the wiper blade in the other hand.

Pull the wiper bracket bar from the wiper arm grip using firm gentle pull, prepare for the sudden release of the wiper so dont pull too hard or you could result in ßtriking the rear window or panel with the old wiper.

When the wiper has been removed,

Line up the new wiper blade and again; grip the wiper in one hand and the wiper arm in the hand and gently push the wiper in to the bracket, placing a thumb on the bracket section just behind the socket and gently pushing.

IMG_20121123_100620.jpg

Return wiper arm to make contact with the rear window.

Job Done,

Hope this guide saves some people money by making people aware of just how easy it is to change the wipers yourself with the same end result as the dealers,

But at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks for reading,

Please see my other Guides listed below this post in my signature, most are available in PDF format for easy printing.

• Like 3

Great guide mate

I need to change mine at some point soon so the guide will be very helpful

• Like 1

Nice Guide Lenny , well done.

I would keep emailing the guys until they get sick of the emails and even lodge a complaint , did you use the eBay email , if so then you have proof that they were going to refund you.

• Like 1

I would have said in the message that I'll hold on to the blades until the return postage had been paid to me.

See how fast they would have been then ;)

• Like 1

Great guide mate

I need to change mine at some point soon so the guide will be very helpful

Nice Guide Lenny , well done.

I would keep emailing the guys until they get sick of the emails and even lodge a complaint , did you use the Ebay email , if so then you have proof that they were going to refund you.

I would have said in the message that I'll hold on to the blades until the return postage had been paid to me.

See how fast they would have been then ;)

Thanks Guys,

And regarding the returned parcel they sent me, it was brake lines at a sale value of 84pounds.

I signed for it because it had my name and address on it, then when i opened it i quickly realised their error i contacted them through eBay to explain they sent me the wipers but also sent me brake lines with an enclosed invoice for a fella in norway but the address label was my name and address.

I explained to them that i could either:

A: forward the parcel onwards to the Customer's address on the enclosed Invoice and email the seller with the shipping cost and tracking number.

OR

B: Return the parcel to the seller via tracked mail and bill them for the shipping.

They chose B

So i have contacted they through eBay all of the time, and ive quoted the invoice number, tracking number aswell as the exact timee,date and name of the person who signed to recieve the returned parcel.

They have since confirmed they have possession of the mis-sent items but explain to me that they are having trouble with PayPal

I dont believe that they are experiencing any difficultys with paypal and could easily pay my fee of 12.34euro even by giving a return of postage on the wipers.

I have reported to eBay but no response to date.

Personally im not out of pocket on it but its my good will and honesty that has been betrayed, had i kept the parcel their sales would be down 84 pounds and maybe their distribution operator loose his job so i decided to be honest in a bid to prevent that but now i wouldnt recommend them to anyone.

I bought these http://www.amazon.co...53835220&sr=8-4 a while back and was so impressed with them that I have bought another set as a present for someone.

I ordered them on Friday and they were delivered yesterday (Sat)

Excellent Stuff,

Thanks Stan mate sounds like a good supplier to go with the guide for others to buy with confidence.

Keep pursuing them Lenny , Drive them mad and name and shame them , i will email them saying i want some Wiper Blades but since they screwed a mate in Ireland i'm buying from elsewhere. :)

BTW have you left feedback yet?

• Like 1

Keep pursuing them Lenny , Drive them mad and name and shame them , i will email them saying i want some wiper blades but since they screwed a mate in Ireland i'm buying from elsewhere. :)

Cruel but oh so ingenious. ;)

• Like 1

Keep pursuing them Lenny , Drive them mad and name and shame them , i will email them saying i want some wiper blades but since they screwed a mate in Ireland i'm buying from elsewhere. :)

Cruel but oh so ingenious. ;)

Unfortunitly i did leave them 100% positive feedback for the purchase and delivery because they had done their job correctly at that point and i had recieved my order,

But recieved ankther persoñs order aswell, so i thought they would have enough negative when the other customer finds his order to have been sent to the opposite side of europe lol

I would name and shame but the have my home address on record etc.

Keep pursuing them Lenny , Drive them mad and name and shame them , i will email them saying i want some wiper blades but since they screwed a mate in Ireland i'm buying from elsewhere. http://static.autoclubhub.com/ipb/forums/3.3.4/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

Finally got paid for returning the postage, yay!!🙌
  • Like 1

It must have been the bamboo slivers under the fingernails that did it. ;)

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 11/30/2012 at 10:17 AM, Lenny said:

Finally got paid for returning the postage, yay!!🙌

I know this thread is really old, but today this guide came in useful, thanks a lot Lenny! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

I know this thread is really old, but today this guide came in useful, thanks a lot Lenny! :)

It's been emotional mate, 

over Four years ago I wrote this guide and finally someone found it of use😭 I'm so happy 

• Like 2

On 11/27/2016 at 6:01 PM, Lenny said:

It's been emotional mate, 

over Four years ago I wrote this guide and finally someone found it of use😭 I'm so happy 

lol.

If I had enough skill, I would probably end up following nearly all your guides! :laugh:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club