Elcampo

New Zetec S Owner

• FOC Supporters
  • 82 posts
  • Name: Lee
  • Ford Model: White Ford Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2011

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

How difficult is it to make the normal key start, and change it to keyless entry and power button start?

Couple of things I'm looking to do at the minute, but double checking everything so I know which to do first and what not to do etc.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 minnis

minnis

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: SEAT Ibiza ST 1.2 TSi

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

It's not exactly the same, but for the push-button start you can buy seperate buttons, so you insert the key into the ignition barrel, turn the electrics on only, but instead of then turning the key to start the engine you push the button. Absolutely no point to it other than the "racing driver" feel. You can buy the buttons for £15 or so at halfords, probably a lot cheaper online but I haven't looked.
Sorry, no idea on the other stuff, but just beware of the increased risk of having keyless entry/start - they're quite easy to steal.

#3 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Keyless start is something you don't want. It is becoming more and more common keyless start cars being stolen because you can just force the door and start the car using the ford ids computer in to make the car think the key is in the car

#4 Elcampo

Elcampo

New Zetec S Owner

• FOC Supporters
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Right so, no go in that case haha. Thanks for the update lads, definitelly wont be looking into that again anytime soon.

#5 Kentish Man

Kentish Man

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.6 Metal
  • Year: 2012

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Keyless start is something you don't want. It is becoming more and more common keyless start cars being stolen because you can just force the door and start the car using the ford ids computer in to make the car think the key is in the car

Tell me about it just had mine stolen, would not have a key less start again. I think all the main dealers know about the problem but that wont stop them selling cars with it on.

#6 Elcampo

Elcampo

New Zetec S Owner

• FOC Supporters
  • 82 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Tell me about it just had mine stolen, would not have a key less start again. I think all the main dealers know about the problem but that wont stop them selling cars with it on.

Adds about 400 or so onto the price of a new car....sure why would they care :ph34r:

Put off the idea now anyway, I shall keep the original method

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users