Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yet Another Question (Mechanical Perhaps)

Elcampo

Don't know if this is common or not, but obviously in these circumstances its best to get advice from owners who have a clue what their talking about.

So it's normally on a cold start this happens, but I have not taken it in yet as it has not effected the drive what so ever and only happens for a couple of minutes or so.

When I start the car on a particularly cold or wet day, when putting the clutch the whole way down and keeping it there, i am getting a quiet, but rather annoying high pitched whine coming from the engine. The noise stops as soon as its in neutral or any gear when moving, only happens when the clutch is fully down.

Is this common?If not, what could be the fault?

Clutch release bearings?

When it comes to mechanics, I'm about as usefull as anne franks drum kit I am afraid. I have looked up the symtpoms of this 'clutch release bearings' and that seems to have a loud rambling/grumbling noise out of the engine. This is more of a high pitched whine

Lol.

I get grumbling and whining when I drive too,

I found a good cure for it though, I leave madam at home and go shopping by myself. :P

Lol.

I get grumbling and whining when I drive too,

I found a good cure for it though, I leave madam at home and go shopping by myself. :P

Pmsl! She gets to link her music up to the car to keep her pre-occupied haha.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club