Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member And My Zetec S

ZetecSmitch

Hi all, been on other forums for a while, but thought id show myself on here and see what you guys have to say!

a few of you i recognise from other sites, others are new and have some decent cars!

anyway heres a quick timeline of my focus 1.8 petrol Zetec-s

When i bought it. second owner, 1 year old 7,000 miles

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

First mod - powerflow tailpipe £30ish off eBay not fitted very well though

IMG_0378.jpg

Then carbon wrapped the bonnet lip

IMG_0438.jpg

along with the centre console

carbonradio.jpg

carbon3.jpg

carbon1.jpg

with some Zetec-s Mudflaps off eBay not very visible..

photo-3.jpg

new LED's

led.jpg

pedals.jpg

then some DRL's

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

And colour coded the bezels

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

Next was a new air filter gives it a bit of grunt

IMG_1503.jpg

and added a sub to the factory head unit

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

the harness i made so its just plug and play with the RCA

IMG_1834.jpg

Car on the Dyno at AMD Essex for a event i set up with focusowners.com

421187_3431539266659_828112395_n.jpg

putting out 138.9bhp with just an airfilter! not bad from the 125 standard :)

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

i then done a bit of self hydro dipping to my centre console as i wasnt happy with the vinyl

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

At a free charity show this summer with the rear lights fly-eye's

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

I then painted my alloys after i saw an MS Design concept..

IMG_2540.jpg

More of the Fly-eye

IMG_2535.jpg

i then done a cheeky mod that i discovered.. a 1.8TDCI exhaust swap.. next to next ( mine has two silencers TDCI has 1!)

IMG_2583.jpg

video of result..

after it settled in/cleared..

(P.s passed MOT fine )

and then its latest mod is some plasti-dip

the bonnet lip as the carbon vinyl was weathered and peeling and also the bottom grille

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

and the rear diffuser

IMG_2807.jpg

thats it for now.

next on the list (if i keep it) Cruise control, eibachs, front splitter (Tripple R) and some more plasti dip'ing....

hope you have enjoyed this erm long post haha

feel free to comment ! :D

Wow welcome to the forum nice motor fairly looks the part dunno if you can upload some photos showing how to remove all the centre trim I'm needing mine rapped too ?

Haha, thanks, im extremely pleased with the sound, considering all in cost me about £50!!!! ( TDCI exhaust off breaker on ebay) just looking for some more simple performance mods! maybe a re-map?

the centre trim is easy.. the radio panel just pulls off (carefully, its only clipped in), the windscreen switches are held on with two screws, then if you open the glove box, and the two top screws closest to the front (facing the windscreen) take them out, then there is a screw under the rubber mat in the cup holder, and the whole bit should then come out with a wiggle, the flip door is then held down with two screws.

no pictures though sorry!

Some of the guys here have some remaps done and they highly recommend it

are they of the 1.8 duratec though? alot of diesels done but not many petrols. just want to get a picture of possibly gains!

Nice pics, car looks really nice. I see you have been to Lakeside with it lol.

Wish I could have got an ST but going up and down the M11 every day would have cost a fortune in an ST.

I was gunna say are u going to put any day time running lights on it till I scrolled down and saw u already have lol.

hi mate and welcome...

finally someone else with a 1.8 zetec S, they seem to be as rare as rocking horse s**t on here lol

like alot of your mods but not all... iv got the white led footwell lights, instead of a sub i piggy backed infinity 6x9 Speakers off the rear Speakers and mounted them in the parcel shelf. Got the mudflapsand the drls...with yours is that any silver you sprayed them with or is that supposed to be the ford moondust silver??

dont like what youve done with the alloys but each to there own lol

lovely car though mate, have you considered the custom made heater dials, cheap mod that in my opinion changes the inside of the car 10 fold!!

or the twin reverse light conversion??

cant believe the gains you got from just the air filter!! ive recently fitted the green cotton air filter and would be intersted to see what gains ive got if any...

oh and did you have to adjust the exhaust to fit that mufler tip? looks smart and fits well with the rear diffuser, looks custom made for the zs

hi mate and welcome...

finally someone else with a 1.8 zetec S, they seem to be as rare as rocking horse s**t on here lol

like alot of your mods but not all... iv got the white led footwell lights, instead of a sub i piggy backed infinity 6x9 speakers off the rear speakers and mounted them in the parcel shelf. Got the mudflapsand the drls...with yours is that any silver you sprayed them with or is that supposed to be the ford moondust silver??

dont like what youve done with the alloys but each to there own lol

lovely car though mate, have you considered the custom made heater dials, cheap mod that in my opinion changes the inside of the car 10 fold!!

or the twin reverse light conversion??

cant believe the gains you got from just the air filter!! ive recently fitted the green cotton air filter and would be intersted to see what gains ive got if any...

Cheers mate, yeah each to their own.. im not too fussed about the heater controlls, maybe the twin reverse mod, currently in the process of retrofitting cruise control :D

Nice pics, car looks really nice. I see you have been to Lakeside with it lol.

Wish I could have got an ST but going up and down the M11 every day would have cost a fortune in an ST.

I was gunna say are u going to put any day time running lights on it till I scrolled down and saw u already have lol.

Thanks mate, its not an ST though just a 1.8 petrol Zetec-s :) so on my 64 mile round trip to work i average 35-40mpg :)

oh and did you have to adjust the exhaust to fit that mufler tip? looks smart and fits well with the rear diffuser, looks custom made for the zs

yeah i had to cut it back to over the rear axel and yeah at the time it was specifically made by powerflow for the ZS, but now you can pick them up off ebay/ other places..

similar to this

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/58_82/products_id/432

Thanks mate, its not an ST though just a 1.8 petrol Zetec-s :) so on my 64 mile round trip to work i average 35-40mpg :)

Ahh my bad, gets hard reading these posts on a phone, must have missed it. MPG sounds good. Wish I could have a 64 mile round trip mine is over double that lol.

Where did you get your footwell lights from, they look good. Nice idea with the wiring harness too so you can get your sub connected, like that. I managed to find one from eBay years ago for my old focus (the orignal shaped one) it worked a dream but the sub would hum if you opened the driver door on the car. Never worked that one out lol.

just eBay mate, same as these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-501-T10-W5W-LED-WHITE-XENON-Look-sidelight-bulbs-UK-/280631984179?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4156f84033

yeah the harness is really good! saved me hundreds of pounds on a new sterio / hacking into the cars wiring! and only costs about £20 ish to make.

just ebay mate, same as these http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4156f84033

yeah the harness is really good! saved me hundreds of pounds on a new sterio / hacking into the cars wiring! and only costs about £20 ish to make.

Cheers mate they look much better than the normal bulbs will be getting a pair.

Yeh, nice to keep the original head unit in. I know the cd6000 isn't amazing, but like you say saves hacking about and messing with things and every thing still fits in nice on the dash as opposed to getting a new sterio.

yeah, well to be honest the ford CF6000 isnt that bad!, its internal amp is pretty decent and still shakes the car with the bass :) plus it seems to have a safety shut off for the Speakers so that when it gets too loud it just stops the volume going any higher!

yeah, well to be honest the ford CF6000 isnt that bad!, its internal amp is pretty decent and still shakes the car with the bass :) plus it seems to have a safety shut off for the speakers so that when it gets too loud it just stops the volume going any higher!

I didn't know it would cut off if it goes too high. That is useful. There are a few threads on here about getting an iPhone or similar hooked up to that head unit. I am gunna see if I can get something sorted on mine to save using the aux cable.