• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tsumaru

Tsumaru

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Style+ TDCI 1.4

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Hey all, i have a 1.4 TDCI Mk7 Fiesta and i just have some general questions about it.

First of all, when i unlock the car, its head lights, interior lights and dash all light up.. this isnt really a problem but i was wondering how long it takes for the dash to turn off.. I tend to just sit in my car at a lay by sometimes (Engine Off and Key out) but the dash is still light up with headlights off.. just wondering if its normal

Secondly, there's a button inside to lock the doors... is it possible to make the car automaically lock the doors when i start driving?

Only had the thing for 2 days but so far loving it :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 GJC

GJC

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Name: Gavin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Econetic
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

Glad your liking it...

First of all, when i unlock the car, its head lights, interior lights and dash all light up.. this isnt really a problem but i was wondering how long it takes for the dash to turn off.. I tend to just sit in my car at a lay by sometimes (Engine Off and Key out) but the dash is still light up with headlights off.. just wondering if its normal

Goes off about 2 to 3 mins later, or faster if you double lock the car. Why I've no idea, possibly as ford know many poeple turn off the car, and do stuff (read the map / check where they are going/ get the kids together) and so let the clock stay on in case.

You may not have noticed but the locked car LED on the dash switch stays on a while too, and no idea why it does that, I know it's locked it flashed the indicators for me when I pressed the remote button, I can understand it when you lock it form the inside, but not when I've used the remote to lock it...

Secondly, there's a button inside to lock the doors... is it possible to make the car automaically lock the doors when i start driving?

Not that I've found.

#3 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,627 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

It's not possible to enable auto lock unfortunately.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users