• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Name: Craig
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Mondeo Ghia, 2.0l
  • Year: 2006

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hello guys,

Have already submitted a couple of posts, but thought I should post here as well to get my name exposed a bit more.

Joined as I pick up the car specified to the left on Saturday - I feel like a kid at Christmas!

It has been a terrible year of motoring for me, I replaced my first ever car which was a Mk1 Ford Focus LX 1.8 which I owned for 4 years with a BMW 3 series. It was unfortunately a lemon and I had to pay 3 times what it was worth on repairs. I did a straight swap with some friends who needed a 4 door car for an Audi A3 1.8 T Sport but this then had similar issues with the cooling system which I experienced on the Beemer.

I visited my local Boston Taylors Ford dealership on Monday and signed the paperwork yesterday. Already been reading up on a few modification guides - the Cruise Control retro fit and mist windscreen jets to name but 2!

I am impressed by the knowledge of the members so far on this website and I hope in time I can make a few contributions myself! :)

Edited to attach the image of my new car.

20121127_100550.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,325 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hi welcome :)

#3 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,975 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Looks very nice indeed.
I hope you get better luck than you had with previous cars.

#4 cragger89

cragger89

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Name: Craig
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Mondeo Ghia, 2.0l
  • Year: 2006

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

I picked it up last night after a bit of an odd day.

The wait until 15:00 was excruciating! Took it for a 9 mile drive last night (had to conserve petrol for today as today is pay day!)

Did the drive to work this moring (40 miles ish.) It feels like a Rolls Royce compared to the old A3! Really enjoyed using the sat nav - it's good enough that I have listed my TomTom on eBay and won't be changing the audio system at all. I may consider getting 2 of those active subwoofers which would install under the seats, but I will admit - I largely just listen to Radio 2 at the moment. I cannot stand Nick Grimshaw!

Also got to use the quick clear front heated windscreen this morning and it was a seriously hard frost this morning here in Lincolnshire. I was ready to drive with a clear screen in under 5 minutes.

I am in love with my car!

#5 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

I picked it up last night after a bit of an odd day.

The wait until 15:00 was excruciating! Took it for a 9 mile drive last night (had to conserve petrol for today as today is pay day!)

Did the drive to work this moring (40 miles ish.) It feels like a Rolls Royce compared to the old A3! Really enjoyed using the sat nav - it's good enough that I have listed my TomTom on eBay and won't be changing the audio system at all. I may consider getting 2 of those active subwoofers which would install under the seats, but I will admit - I largely just listen to Radio 2 at the moment. I cannot stand Nick Grimshaw!

Also got to use the quick clear front heated windscreen this morning and it was a seriously hard frost this morning here in Lincolnshire. I was ready to drive with a clear screen in under 5 minutes.

I am in love with my car!

Welcome to the forum and the blue oval.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users