Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2.5 (Facelift) Led Rear Lights

Haz93

Hi :)

Will be posting a fitting instruction or guide later this year on how to fit the LED rear lights. I've got myself a set in the post but can't have em till Christmas :P ( present from the folks ) :)

There's a set going on eBay at the moment I anyone wants a set; item number:

They are also on sandicliffe ford shop website for £220

• Like 2

Liam sent me a link to these, look great, but I reckon they will go for a nice wedge, couting me out :(

Maybe email the seller and make an offer?? It's a shame there aren't more on eBay compared with the amount of ST's breaking.

Got mine from a titanium, don't think the seller thought they were any different to standard as they were reasonably priced.

• Like 1

Just the standard clear ones with the side lights only in half of the unit. The LED ones have side lights in both sections ( indicator an brake )

The standard ones have a honeycombe shape, the led ones are in straight lines

Bit hard to describe :P

• Like 1

Haz, I know the lights you're getting, have seen a few threads of people fitting them before. Sal, you may find something over on STOC to get pics of them, think they may have been standard on the RS (could be wrong here) so some of the ST owners fitted them.

Charlie, I quite like those LED ones as well, but I'd be patient and keep an eye out for a second hand set. There was a guy on FFOC quite a while back that I was gonna buy a set off for £40 but was a bit strapped at the time and the 'across the pond' postage was dear enough as well.

It was a good few months ago now so I'm sure he shifted them one way or other, but he had very little interest for a long time, hence the price drop to £40.

Worth holding off for and keeping an eye on eBay, gumtree and other forums if they can be got for a quarter of the price!

• Like 1

The LED lights were standard on any cars with xenon headlights, so ST 2, ST 3, RS and any titanium, Zetec S with the X pack ( better lights pack )

• Like 1

Haz,

i have managed to source some Xenon headlights so i may need your help as i need to get some ballasts for them but was thinking about using the aftermarket kits instead (cheaper and easier to get hold of!)...i have a 'friendly' MOT chap...i bought the uprated headlight bulbs and havent even fitted these yet, had them for about 2 months now! I'm not keen on wiring the aftermarket kits in so may need your help in this area.

• Like 1

Those ones you posted Haz went for a steal! Someone got a bargain, even had the led looms and bulb holders!

I payed over 70 each without the looms :(

Totally worth it though :D

• Like 1

I bid on them too. Put a £120 max bid on them. Lost out though, whoever bid on them first, put a high max bid in...

Managed to get mine for £70 for both and 20 quid postage :D

Just got to find the seller that doesn't know what they are selling. They were listed as 'titanium rear lights' but still £140 is still worth it as they are well over £200 new

• Like 1

Haz, i have been looking at these and just cant see the difference between normal ones and LED ones when looking at them. any tell tale signs that will clearly show me the difference?

Haz, i have been looking at these and just cant see the difference between normal ones and LED ones when looking at them. any tell tale signs that will clearly show me the difference?

If you look at your existing units

You will see a honycombe diamond formation in the clear lens

But on the led units these lines are square not diamond shape.

This is a video of the OEM LED lights on an ST

There are some pics of them on here, they have a straight pattern and double sided LED side lights

http://pumabuild.com...roducts_id=2151

Although the price they charge is double that of Ford Parts :S

These are my standard, single sidelight bulb halogen lights with a honeycombe pattern

post-30730-0-47507100-1354275042_thumb.j

post-30730-0-19583000-1354275093_thumb.j

Hope that makes it a bit clearer mate. The LED ones are a hell of a lot brighter too :)

• Like 1

They really do look the business mate,

Defo on the to do list

cheers Haz, £400 on Pumabuilds website tho....

Lenny you must have these...Crimbo pressie !

cheers Haz, £400 on Pumabuilds website tho....

Lenny you must have these...Crimbo pressie !

Ow i wont be getting any Crimbo presents this year mate,

But when i purchase i will require the ford part number for them,

Because fordpartsuk.com will be my supplier or europeanparts.com in germany.

I also have my eye on a MTX-75 short shifter on eBay, Only 30 pounds but hey, ill get em sometime next year.

• 1 month later...

I've got the chance off a mate of mine to have a set for £100? Worth it Haz? Also, do I require any mods to fit them? Is it just as easy as swapping them over?

Is there such LED rears for the Estate cars too?

Is there such LED rears for the Estate cars too?

Good question. If there was an option on the titanium, then there might be?

Hey just posting my guide on this :) and yeah there are LED tail lights for the estate version too