8 replies to this topic

#1 joeee

joeee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

hi all im new to the site..

ok heres what i need to find out.. iv a mk4 1998 fiesta an it needs a new clutch so i went on ebay an i found a few clutch kits but the bearing seems to be diffrent?? as the one i have has an arm on it??

anyway i was looking on ebay an are the clutchs the same for most fords? like the 1.25 an the 1.3 been the same? its not the ztec its an endura an would these use the same clutch??

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Deano_365

Deano_365

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Finesse 1.3 LX
Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

The best thing i would do is to go to a local garage or car shops (like halfords) and tell them your make a model and ask what they would recommend.

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,106 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:33 PM

could the arm you are reffering to be the slave cylinder?

#4 joeee

joeee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:38 PM

could the arm you are reffering to be the slave cylinder?

yeah mate thats it.. ok did a bit or reading there for the last hour.. would the ztec an the endura use the same clutch plate??

#5 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,106 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:02 PM

yeah mate thats it.. ok did a bit or reading there for the last hour.. would the ztec an the endura use the same clutch plate??

i would replace that while you have the gearbox and clutch out.

as for the clutch plates, im not sure if they are different for the 2 engines. try emailing some of the sellers and ask them to confirm if it will fit your car if you are unsure.

#6 vroom

vroom

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3.5 rs 1800 fiests
Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

i think the endura is a diesel engine and zectec is petrol the endura will have a higher torx rating so wont suit your zetec :ph34r:

#7 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

i think the endura is a diesel engine and zectec is petrol the endura will have a higher torx rating so wont suit your zetec :ph34r:

The 1.3 endura engine is a petrol. I'm sure the endura and zetec engine use the same gearbox to they would use the same clutch. Don't take my word on this though

hi all im new to the site..

ok heres what i need to find out.. iv a mk4 1998 fiesta an it needs a new clutch so i went on ebay an i found a few clutch kits but the bearing seems to be diffrent?? as the one i have has an arm on it??

anyway i was looking on ebay an are the clutchs the same for most fords? like the 1.25 an the 1.3 been the same? its not the ztec its an endura an would these use the same clutch??

If your talking about the release bearing inside the gearbox, it pops out the arm you mentioned.

#8 vroom

vroom

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3.5 rs 1800 fiests
Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

ok then your problem might be because the zetec g/b is a hydralic g/b and your endura is cable g/b on a cable box the clutch cable runs into cockpit and on to the pedal but the hydralic ztec has no cable on top of its g/b there will be what looks like a bleed nipple and a pipe going into g/b so in theory they cannot be interchanged :ph34r:

#9 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

My mk5 fiesta gearbox has a hydraulic clutch and its the same 1.3 endura engine.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users