Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clutch problem.. need a bit of info

joeee

hi all im new to the site..

ok heres what i need to find out.. iv a mk4 1998 fiesta an it needs a new clutch so i went on eBay an i found a few clutch kits but the bearing seems to be diffrent?? as the one i have has an arm on it??

anyway i was looking on eBay an are the clutchs the same for most fords? like the 1.25 an the 1.3 been the same? its not the ztec its an endura an would these use the same clutch??

The best thing i would do is to go to a local garage or car shops (like halfords) and tell them your make a model and ask what they would recommend.

could the arm you are reffering to be the slave cylinder?

could the arm you are reffering to be the slave cylinder?

yeah mate thats it.. ok did a bit or reading there for the last hour.. would the ztec an the endura use the same clutch plate??

yeah mate thats it.. ok did a bit or reading there for the last hour.. would the ztec an the endura use the same clutch plate??

i would replace that while you have the gearbox and clutch out.

as for the clutch plates, im not sure if they are different for the 2 engines. try emailing some of the sellers and ask them to confirm if it will fit your car if you are unsure.

i think the endura is a diesel engine and zectec is petrol the endura will have a higher torx rating so wont suit your zetec :ph34r:

i think the endura is a diesel engine and zectec is petrol the endura will have a higher torx rating so wont suit your zetec :ph34r:

The 1.3 endura engine is a petrol. I'm sure the endura and zetec engine use the same gearbox to they would use the same clutch. Don't take my word on this though

hi all im new to the site..

ok heres what i need to find out.. iv a mk4 1998 fiesta an it needs a new clutch so i went on ebay an i found a few clutch kits but the bearing seems to be diffrent?? as the one i have has an arm on it??

anyway i was looking on ebay an are the clutchs the same for most fords? like the 1.25 an the 1.3 been the same? its not the ztec its an endura an would these use the same clutch??

If your talking about the release bearing inside the gearbox, it pops out the arm you mentioned.

ok then your problem might be because the zetec g/b is a hydralic g/b and your endura is cable g/b on a cable box the clutch cable runs into cockpit and on to the pedal but the hydralic ztec has no cable on top of its g/b there will be what looks like a bleed nipple and a pipe going into g/b so in theory they cannot be interchanged :ph34r:

My mk5 fiesta gearbox has a hydraulic clutch and its the same 1.3 endura engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club