Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers Side Speaker Rattelling!!

JoeyG

2012 Fiesta Zetec - Standard Ford stereo (bluetooth, Aux, USB - 6 Speakers).

Since I've had the car the drivers side speaker always rattelles, even when there is hardley any bass.

All the other Speakers are fine, it seems to be getting worse.

Does anyone have a solution? would this be covered under warranty or sale of goods act as it's driving me crazy and makes my car seem cheap! what would otherwise be a decent sounding system is ruined by that one speaker.

It could be a loose screw or something, is there anyway of opening the plastic bit?

Thanks.

I had the same problem with my rear offside speaker. It sounded really distorted like it was blown. I got mine replaced under warranty but now I can hardly hear the speaker at all. I'm going back to the dealer because it might need a replacement headunit. Set the balance and fade so isolate the speaker then go to a Ford dealer and tell them you have a problem with a speaker, play some music to demonstrate the distortion, and they will order you a replacement speaker and fit it for you under warranty.

go to a Ford dealer and tell them you have a problem with a speaker, play some music to demonstrate the distortion, and they will order you a replacement speaker and fit it for you under warranty.

I will try to go this Saturday. I know it's not me blasting my tunes too loud, anything over 20 is a distorted mess.

This happened to me on the drivers side, went to ford to get it replaced under warrenty, they said it was fine... But the passenger side speaker was broken .... Which it was not at all! So they changed the passenger one but did not change the drivers side.

I went back to them a week or say later saying I still had the problem, they tested it again and still they said it was fine even tho the bass is fully off and you turn the volume up to just about 6 so not even loud it sounded like it had a massive rip in the speaker, was not impressed.

So I fitted a sub and now I can't hear a thing as I'm now deaf due to it haha.

Mine does this as well, but in the rear, it annoys me but taking it to ford will just make it worse. They'd have to take all the door cards out etc probably wouldn't put things back properly so I've just turned the fade pretty much 3/4 to the front and It solved the problem

I think it's something loose inside or around the speaker or within the door! I gave it a gentle hit and I can hear the rattell when I hit it, I don't know about taking it to Ford as I know they are f'ing useless and I need my car pretty much every day so I cant be without.

I will look at a few sub's and probably get a small sub installed.

Mine does this as well, but in the rear, it annoys me but taking it to ford will just make it worse. They'd have to take all the door cards out etc probably wouldn't put things back properly so I've just turned the fade pretty much 3/4 to the front and It solved the problem

I think you'll find that the majority of service technicians and mechanics who work at Ford are genuinely careful with your car and have the proper tools to be able to carry out the job without damaging the vehicle.

I don't like things that don't work properly, even if it is only an issue for back seat passengers. I'd get it sorted before the warranty runs out, but that's just me.

I have had the same problem with mine in the passenger door.

Kept reporting it each time it goes in for servicing. The thing is on mine, with music its not too bad - but with Radio 5 live on MW its really bad. They did something about it when I really kicked off, but the fault returned within a few weeks.

I can really relate to peoples bad experiences though - one tech actually said to me its the stereo balance thats the problem - it took me 10 minutes to explain to him that MW is actually broadcast in mono and how that negated his diagnosis.

Ford dealerships ......... I have yet to find one who really cares about the product.

Cheers

Westy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club