Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Mike77

Battery Advice

11 posts in this topic

Sorry guys, I know i've seen this info on here, but cant seem to find it ? My battery has decided to retire itself from active duty, so I need a replacement. And remember seeing something about it needing a sliver cadium (wording may be incorrect) or similar. It a 2006 1.8tdci. Thanks in advance guys :D

Do you mean like a bosh silver?

You've got your standard lead acid battery

One up from that is your calcium

Then top of the range would be the bosch silver which comes with a 5 year guarantee

Think this is what you need

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/VehicleProductGuidedSalesCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&categoryId=165762&langId=-1&engineInd=1&makeName=23&modelName=2328&dvlaYear=52&subset=2328220&action=getProducts&findPartsMMYS=true&findPartsMMYSButton=Find

Right,,,,, I was under the impression that the tdci NEEDED a certain type of battery. Thought there was a possibility of damage to some electrical components if the wrong type was fitted,,,, Or have I just read wrong ?

Lol, Dont really trust halfrauds, but I get where your coming from. Just thought I'd get some info before buying one and getting it wrong. Thanks again mate.

Lol I don't trust em either but I think the battery checker I just linked is alright

I got my bosch silver from em not long ago

All fords use smart charge all need a silver calcium or double calcium battery you cant use lead acid as the charging rate of 14.4v up to 18v would fry a lead acid battery quickly and cause electrical issues halfords sell lead acid batteries for fords yet they are no good

All fords use smart charge all need a silver calcium or double calcium battery you cant use lead acid as the charging rate of 14.4v up to 18v would fry a lead acid battery quickly and cause electrical issues halfords sell lead acid batteries for fords yet they are no good

Very true which is why I'd never touch the cheap one n trumped for the bosch silver

See, I knew there was something lol. Thanks artscot. I shall buy with confidence, but hand over my money with a tightly clenched fist :-)