Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Advice

Mike77

Sorry guys, I know i've seen this info on here, but cant seem to find it ? My battery has decided to retire itself from active duty, so I need a replacement. And remember seeing something about it needing a sliver cadium (wording may be incorrect) or similar. It a 2006 1.8tdci. Thanks in advance guys :D

Right,,,,, I was under the impression that the tdci NEEDED a certain type of battery. Thought there was a possibility of damage to some electrical components if the wrong type was fitted,,,, Or have I just read wrong ?

Easy answer is to go on here

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_165762_langId_-1

And type in your reg mate

It will automatically tell you which battery you need

Lol, Dont really trust halfrauds, but I get where your coming from. Just thought I'd get some info before buying one and getting it wrong. Thanks again mate.

Lol I don't trust em either but I think the battery checker I just linked is alright

I got my Bosch silver from em not long ago

All fords use smart charge all need a silver calcium or double calcium battery you cant use lead acid as the charging rate of 14.4v up to 18v would fry a lead acid battery quickly and cause electrical issues Halfords sell lead acid batteries for fords yet they are no good

All fords use smart charge all need a silver calcium or double calcium battery you cant use lead acid as the charging rate of 14.4v up to 18v would fry a lead acid battery quickly and cause electrical issues halfords sell lead acid batteries for fords yet they are no good

Very true which is why I'd never touch the cheap one n trumped for the Bosch silver

See, I knew there was something lol. Thanks artscot. I shall buy with confidence, but hand over my money with a tightly clenched fist :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club