Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks Like I'm Leaving :(

PaulE89

Hey

(first things first, I can't log in to my standard account? Everytime I go to re-login through facebook, I just get 'error'. Therefore I've created this account. If anyone can get me back in to my old one, or an admin can give me access or reset my password, cool!)

However, time for the bad news.

Having passed my test four months ago, and getting myself a Zetec Climate 1.8 2006 - A 68 year old man did me the pleasure of a head on collision before forcing me into a parked car on the left. He's admitted full liability. But £5500 worth of damage later, it's been declared a total loss. :(

Now, the insurance company are in the process of sending me my cheque, and when they do - I've got seven days to return my courtesy car - 5 of which will be clearing for my cheque.

Therefore, I've got two days to buy a car.

I'll be honest, the only cars I'm finding for £4300ish are Vauxhall Astras :( - I know how you all feel about Vauxhalls.

I don't really want anything older than a 56 plate, and I want less than 60k miles, preferably three door, so it does limit me :(

I've been offered £800 cash in salvage for my car, should I take it? There is no chassis or engine damage (apart from the power steering pump bracket) - just a shed load of front end work.

Pictures enclosed :(

post-38814-0-99785800-1354398578_thumb.j

post-38814-0-92488200-1354398589_thumb.j

post-38814-0-05381200-1354398606_thumb.j

What was the username of the last account? I'll take a look and see what i can do

Woohoo - back on this account. but yep, no car.

http://www.autotrade...201211204311363

seems to fit your requirements

I've seen it, but it's just not the same :(

I don't like that red.

I went to collect my head unit from the car the other day, it was a sad, almost funeral like day..

I've been offered £800 cash in salvage for my car, should I take it? There is no chassis or engine damage (apart from the power steering pump bracket) - just a shed load of front end work.

If the insurer are writing off the car & paying you for it don't they now take ownership & therefore any salvage payment should be going to them?

I've seen it, but it's just not the same :(

I don't like that red.

I went to collect my head unit from the car the other day, it was a sad, almost funeral like day..

Surely its better to get a like-for-like car with a different paint colour than to end up with an Astra?

If the insurer are writing off the car & paying you for it don't they now take ownership & therefore any salvage payment should be going to them?

Nope, You can take the pay out minus salvage.

Insurers are offering £400 salvage, I can get £800.

Surely its better to get a like-for-like car with a different paint colour than to end up with an Astra?

I know, I'm just somewhat sentimental towards that car, It was my first ever car, I'm proud of it :( haha

Get down to your local BCA car auctions. Some bargains to be had.

youll get a 56 plate foci with decent miles for less than 4500 mate average price is around 3999 for a low mileage 57 plate round my way

Indeed. Mine was 4.7k back in February for a 2006 Ghia (one trim level above the Zetec-Climate, w/ cruise control, autolights, autowipers, uprated alloys, etc) with just 42k miles on it.

If I was to sell mine I'd probably have to punt it for about £3.5k.