2 replies to this topic

#1 Matt KB

Matt KB

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus (2002)

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hi,

My Focus was smashed into recently so am looking at alternatives since it is likely written off. Budget is a bit limited, and would like something with low emissions (to save on road tax and parking, anything below 120g/CO2 gets a very big discount).

Was looking at the KAs but don't think I can really fit into one that well (am tall). The salesman recommended a diesel Fiesta, June 2008 1.4 TDCi Zetec Blue 5dr. It has a good price with a very good deal, however I am concerned about the DPF and if I do enough to miles to not get issues.

I have a 15 min drive across dual carriageways split by many roundabouts each way to work daily, and usually do 2 half hour each way motorway trips a week (so 2 hours total). Am I setting myself up for issues, I can't even seem to find a definitive answer on whether it has a DPF although given its low emissions (119g) I suspect it does. Or am I worrying over nothing? Have never had a diesel before, whilst I wasn't able to test this yet (will do next weekend) I was given something similar to get a feel for it and it was good.

Appreciate any advice, many thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Peange

Peange

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Zetec S
  • Year: 2008

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

The DPF was only put on the Fiesta from 2010. You have nothing to worry about :)

And welcome to the forum!

#3 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,630 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

What Scott said, it doesn't have a DPF ;)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users