#1 madsteve

madsteve

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fusion

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hello,

Can anybody help me?

My CD 6000 asks for the code every time I get into the car. Its starting to get a bit annoying.
It does keep the code for a little while after turning the car off. I think when the display turns off after leaving the car locked for a while is when it goes.

Nothing else seems to be effected, the only other fault i have is that the fuse for the 12v power socket / cigarette lighter has blown. But the radio was fine when the lighter stopped working initially.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,877 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

There is a fuse for the memory saver in your internal fuse board too.
The radio has a permanent live feed for clock, station memory and code.

#3 madsteve

madsteve

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Fusion

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Stoney871, I don't think that that is the problem.

I don't lose anything else other than the code, time / station memory is ok and persists. I have checked both fused marked 'Radio' one is 3A which i assume is the permanent live, but it is fine.

Could it be internal to the radio?

#4 Dan62

Dan62

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

The permanent live on these radios comes from the higher rated fuse F18 (15A).
Seeing as the radio works its a little curious, it could be a high resistance in the connector to the radio or even the fuse itself.
Try replacing the fuse and if that fails try reseating the connector on the back of the radio before going for a new unit.

The 3A fuse is the switched supply from the ignition. Older radios used the lower rated permanent live feed for memory and security but the new radios which have the facility to turn on for 1 hour without the ignition on use higher rated permanent live.

No power to the accessory socket appears unrelated but it could indicate something like trapped wiring and sometimes sorting out unrelated stuff you can find and fix other problems. First point to check for the accessory socket is to see if you've dropped a coin or something metal into it.

Good luck.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users