Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nothing Works

k13r4n

Ok guys I have nothing at all from my car no lights power button won't light up or interior lights won't light is this a flat battery and is it safe to jump start it or not or is it safe to use a battery booster

And make sure to find out exactly why this has occurred if it is not a totally defective battery.

I assume you have checked the battery connections

Had the radio on washing the car and fans etc my own fault jumped it as battery boosters were 60 quid in halfrauds but should be ok now

Had the radio on washing the car I had the electrics on and the fans going full pelt while I was cleaning the windows

dont sound right to me but i'm no expert. still, get your earth straps checked and make sure they are not loose

71% will soon drop with the cold weather, I would strongly consider using that as a spare / emergency and replace your battery :)

• 3 weeks later...

Mine has the exact same symptoms. Went to start it today, totally dead (It's been sat for nearly a week). No lights, nothing. Only thing flashing is the red LED in the middle of the speedo and revs gauge. Looks like I need a new battery as this has been on since new and lately it has been getting lazy.

Do I need a special battery? I seem to remember someone saying on the Fords you need a silver calcium? Something to do with the smart charge system?

Silver or double calcium battery not lead acid bosch silver are highly recommended

I was looking at the Bosch Silver S5 at Halfords. Are they easy to fit on the Focus? I was looking in the Haynes manual, they say it's fairly easy. Also, if I but the S5, will the battery cover still fit over?

The battery cover should still fit its a pretty big box under there easy to fit just make sure you have youre radio code and the car may be a bit odd till the ecu relearns everything you get the Bosch on eBay far cheaper usually with next day delivery

The battery cover should still fit its a pretty big box under there easy to fit just make sure you have youre radio code and the car may be a bit odd till the ecu relearns everything you get the bosch on ebay far cheaper usually with next day delivery

Yeah, there's a place near me doing it for £58. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

wow 58 quid I was looking at the Bosch battery in halfrauds and was just under 120 for the battery alone

It's £90 for the Bosch S5 for my particular car from Halfords.

All done now. Car thinks it's -57 outside, however, everything else is ok.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club