Photo

Possible To Upgrade The 6000 Cd In A Mk1 Focus To One Of The Newer Models?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smallcheese

smallcheese

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk1 Ghia

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums here but have tried to search for the definitive answer to my question, but have not been able to find it. I'm sure it will be a simple yes or no from an experienced owner.

Is it possible to swap out the 6000 CD stereo unit in a Mk1 for any of the newer versions which come in the later model Focus? I would really like to be able to hook up my iPhone via USB or Bluetooth. I had a unit which stayed mounted in the driver's 12V adapter and ran a cable to the back of the head unit via a CD changer adapter, fooling the stereo into thinking I had a changer hooked up. However, this is pretty much broken now and I wondered if I might be able to go for a more elegant solution with one of the later model head units, but don't know if they will fit in the slot.

If not, I guess I'm looking at swapping it out and going for a fascia to fill the oversized gap right?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Tom

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,976 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

The radios on later Ford's use a different type of connection.
To get what you need you're best off going aftermarket.
There are some nice double din ones around.
You'd need a true double din fascia, cage, loom/aerial adaptor and a remote interface though.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users